BEYOND THE RED CARPET Takes Readers into the World of Johnny Depp, Madonna, Kevin Spacey & Tom Hanks
For the past 25 years, veteran entertainment journalist Francine Brokaw has interviewed countless celebrities, such as Johnny Depp, Madonna, Kevin Spacey, and Tom Hanks-and she's now discussing the memorable moments of her career (as well as those she'd like to forget) in her new book, Beyond the Red Carpet: The World of Entertainment Journalists (Sourced Media Books; September 2012; $14.99; ISBN 978-1937458225, Paperback).
With a compelling mixture of wit and honesty, Francine offers readers an uncensored view of life as an entertainment journalist, dispelling the myth that this career path is all about parties and celebrity events. In addition to her own perspectives and experiences, the book features thirty of Francine's colleagues across the nation, who weigh in on questions like:
- What are your most memorable interviews?
- What's the best swag you've ever received?
- Have you interviewed someone who was rude?
- What misconceptions do people have about your job?
- What's your most embarrassing interview moment?
- What's the best thing someone has said "off the record"?
This unprecedented up-close-and-personal look at the lives of entertainment journalists is being heralded as "a must-have for anyone considering a career in entertainment journalism," according to Suite101 contributing writer, Cheryl Hollar.