Mysteryland Announces First Sustainable Design Challenge
As Memorial Day Weekend approaches, Mysteryland has announced its first ever Sustainable Design Challenge. Producers of Mysteryland and MATTE creative agency are calling upon the creative young minds of the American design community to take on the challenge utilizing their talents and expertise in order to create a sustainable, functional installation based on the theme and Mysteryland motto, "Today is a Gift." Mysteryland is driven by a strong ethos: the Festival Footprint. The festival is organized to be sustainable and nature-friendly. Additionally, Mysteryland believes in community-building, whether it is among festival-goers, artists, musicians and even those who help organize and helped Mysteryland become the world's longest running music festival. The winning design will be built and placed on the festival grounds in Bethel Woods, New York, the original location of the legendary Woodstock Music & Arts Festival. Contestants have a chance to conceptualize, design, and participate in the building of an installation that represents their unique vision, and the Grand Prize winner will have his or her work seen by nearly 25,000 attendees. As an acknowledgement of participation all those who have completed submissions will receive a 20% discount code for Mysteryland USA tickets. Deadline for submission is 11:59PM EDT, April 25, 2014. For entry information and competition guidelines please click here. Grand Prize
- Sculpture will be produced and prominently displayed at Mysteryland US 2014
- In the weeks leading up to Mysteryland US, winners will receive on and offline promotion and official recognition on Mysteryland social channels and public platforms, including link to proposal and design rendering
- Portfolio will be featured on Mysteryland US website
- The winning designer(s) will work with the entire Mysteryland production and creative team while co-producing their installation on-site and credited as part of the Mysteryland crew.
- Winning sculpture will be photographed for post-event PR and 2015 promotional content, and the winners will be listed as official 'Friends of Mysteryland,' with full accreditations to the designer(s).
- One Bohemium Premium Ticket to Mysteryland US, Holy Ground Camping, tent, food and drink tickets for the weekend (per team member, with a +1 each)
Mysteryland USA Memorial Day Weekend 2014 Bethel Woods Center For The Arts
Bethel Woods, New York
21+ festival www.Mysteryland.us Facebook.com/MysterylandUSA Twitter.com/MysterylandUSA Soundcloud.com/MysterylandMusic Youtube.com/MysterylandVideo Mysteryland USA Full Lineup is available here. Mysteryland USA 2014 Media Application is available here.