Minister Glover and Royal Galipeau Launch WINTER MEMORIES, Winterlude 2014
GATINEAU, QC, Oct. 22, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, along with Royal Galipeau, Member of Parliament (Ottawa-Orlans), today launched a call to professional Canadian artists inviting them to an outdoor exhibition called "Winter Memories: Wooden Cabin Village," to be showcased at Confederation Park in Ottawa during Winterlude.
"Our Government is proud to invest in projects that contribute to fostering the country's cultural and artistic diversity," said Minister Glover. "With Canada's upcoming 150 th anniversary in 2017, public art projects such as this one promote Canadian content and encourage participation in cultural life."
The 36 th edition of Winterlude will run from January 31 to February 17, 2014. Every year, the Capital's winter celebration welcomes on average 600,000 people, which makes it a prime venue for showcasing works by Canadian artists.
"The Winter Memories exhibition, which will take place during Winterlude, is an opportunity to showcase Canada's artistic excellence," added Mr. Galipeau. "This creative project will help enrich the experience of visitors coming to enjoy the National Capital Region in all its winter splendour."
Interested artists should submit individual or group public art projects that:
- Demonstrate creativity and innovative qualities in the interior and exterior design of the cabin;
- Display an original, interactive cabin through concepts such as music, lighting, and the use of new media;
- Are intended for a family audience;
- Have a design that can be enjoyed during the day and at night;
- Have a design that makes maximum, effective use of the cabin's inside and outside space;
- Are accessible to everyone, with a 1.5 m clearance; and
- Have an eco-friendly aspect to their design through the use of LED lights, recycled materials, etc.
For more information about the exhibition or to receive guidelines, please send an email to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting project proposals is November12,2013.
Follow us on Twitter:
SOURCE Canadian Heritage