Boston Marriott Peabody Hotel Invites Guests to Museum with New Overnight Package
The world comes to life at the Peabody Essex Museum. Thanks to a new deal at the Boston Marriott Peabody Hotel, more people than ever before will be able to walk through the museum's impressive exhibits and explore cultures from around the world.
The Peabody Essex Museum Package at the Peabody, MA, hotel provides the perfect opportunity for travelers to explore the popular collection of paintings, drawings, photography and sculptures. The new Peabody hotel deal, available throughout the year, includes a stay in a deluxe guest room and two tickets to the Peabody Essex Museum located less than five miles from the hotel.
There has never been a better time to explore the museum than at the present. 2013 promises to be an exciting year for the museum and its patrons, with a number of exhibits already announced, including:
- Midnight to the Boom: Painting in India After Independence - Explore the vibrant colors and learn about the interesting stylistic changes that took place from the country's independence from Great Britain to its economic boom in the 1990s. (Feb. 2 - April 21)
- FreePort [No. 006]: Nick Cave - Designer and artist Nick Cave blends performance and sculpture techniques to produce Soundsuits, a truly unique creation. This exhibit serves as a debut for three never-before-seen Soundsuits. (March 2 - May 27)
- Toshio Shibata - A legendary Japanese landscape photographer, Shibata captures the balance between man-made structures and the natural world in a stunning large-format photography series. (April 20 - Fall 2013)
- In Conversation: Modern African-American Art - A collection of 100 photographs, paintings, sculptures and prints from leading African-American artists inspires a conversation about identity. (June 1 - Sept. 2)
- Fabergé, From the Collection of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts - More than 203 works crafted by the prolific artist will be on display, including four signature imperial eggs made for the Romanov family. (June 22 - Sept. 29)
- Impressionists on the Water - Water and impressionism seem to go together perfectly, and this exhibit showcases how artists captured movement and shapelessness. (Nov. 9 - Feb. 17, 2014)
- Future Beauty: Avant-Garde Japanese Fashion - Explore how the works of Issey Miyake, Rei Kawakubo and Yohji Yamamoto changed Western fashion forever. (Nov. 16 - Jan. 26, 2014)
With so many excellent exhibits coming to the museum in addition to its Permanent Collection, there is not a bad time to visit. And thankfully, the Peabody hotel deal is available throughout the year, giving guests plenty of time to schedule a trip.