AFLA Announces 2014 ALFA Senior Living Art Showcase Winners
The Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) has announced the winners of the 2014 ALFA Senior Living Art Showcase, a competition honoring the passion for community and extraordinary talents of seniors in assisted living, independent living, and memory care communities across the country. Each senior living community was asked to submit one digital photograph of a piece of artwork created by the collaborative efforts of at least three residents. Hundreds of creative residents from 158 communities, representing 33 senior living companies participated.
Eight winners were selected from the pool of 158 exceptional submissions. Three Fan Favorite Winners were chosen based on popular vote through Facebook, and five Grand Prize Winners were chosen based on their interpretation of this year's theme: It's The Little Things in Life that Matter Most. The winners are:
- Harmony, Fallbrook Woods Residential Care, Fan Favorite Winner
- Help Feed Birds Tree, College View Manor, Five Star Quality Care, Fan Favorite Winner
- Helping Hands/Touching Lives, Foundation House, Brookdale, Grand Prize Winner
- It's The Little Things That Matter Most, Murrieta Gardens Senior Living, Integral Senior Living, Grand Prize Winner
- Live, Laugh, Love, Alexian Village, Pathway Senior Living, Grand Prize Winner
- Love, Andara, Senior Lifestyle Corporation, Grand Prize Winner
- Memory Garden Mosiac, Oak Meadows Senior Living, Grand Prize Winner
- The Flight of the Butterflies, The Arbors at Shelburne, Benchmark Senior Living, Fan Favorite Winner
Each of the eight winning communities will receive a painting party, featuring a variety of art supplies courtesy of art showcase sponsor Sargent Art.