12th Annual Cherrrywood Art Fair Announces Artist, Musician and Food Vendor Lineup, 12/7-8
Once again, the Chula League's 12th annual Cherrywood Art Fair (CAF) has succeeded in cherry-picking the top artists and makers in Central Texas for its annual two-day event, perfect for celebrating the holiday spirit and the Maker Movement with unique, locally made art, live music and creative activities for the whole family.
The Maker Movement has become a very hot topic recently because it is an attractive option to sustainable quality shopping. And though it might be something that large media is now catching onto, CAF has been showcasing some of the brightest local makers for the last decade.
In addition to 89 selected artists and makers, the Cherrywood Art Fair will feature live music, a food court filled with eclectic local purveyors, and fun interactive family activities. Proceeds will benefit Chula League's Little Artist BIG ARTIST program, which pairs elementary students with professional artists to experience the creative process from a simple idea through the commercialization process.
CAF also proudly presents the participation of longtime Cherrywood neighborhood resident Rick "Daddy" McNulty, radio host at KUTX 98.9 FM and KOOP 91.7 FM, as the Event Chair.
"I'm honored to be the Cherrywood Art Fair Event Chair. As a long-time resident of East Austin, it's the community-based events like this that define the heart and soul of our neighborhood," said McNulty.
The beloved two-day East Austin event-December 7th and 8th-will showcase a large variety of Texas artists working in varied mediums. Transforming the mid-century Maplewood Elementary campus into a veritable winter wonderland of fine art and handmade gifts, Cherrywood Art Fair is thrilled to announce the artists that will be featured at this year's event. A broad diversity of artistic disciplines are represented, including: painting, mixed media, sculpture, printmaking, photography, woodwork, and textiles in the forms of fine art, home décor, fashion accessories, jewelry, and much more. Find the full list of artists below and listed on the website.
Art isn't the only thing fair-goers can expect at this year's CAF. There truly is something for everyone at the 2013 Cherrywood Art Fair, with music, food and kid-friendly activities to enhance the holiday shopping experience.
Cherrywood Art Fair has treats for every taste bud-some of the food purveyors include: tapas sandwiches from Tapas Bravas, delicious sausages from Salt & Time, decadent cookies from Bake Austin, warm drinks from Elixer coffee, empanadas from mmmpanadas, southeast Asian noodle fare from DFG Noodles, and yummy ice cream from CoolHaus.
For your listening pleasure-Cherrywood Art Fair presents a stellar line-up with some of Austin's finest acts, at no cost and open to all ages. Some of the musical highlights include:
Money Chicha: Money Chicha: Austin's first chicha group, incorporates the psychedelic sounds of guitars, heavy percussion, cumbia rythyms and the melodies of Colombia and Peru. Members also perform with Grupo Fantasma, Brownout, Ocote Soul Sounds, and many others.
The Painted Redstarts: William Harries Graham, founder of The Painted Redstarts & son of local legend Jon Dee Graham, officially showcased both as a solo artist and with his band (rare and one of youngest artists to do so) at 2013 SXSW to rave reviews.
TRoy Campbell: Campbell moved to Austin in the late 1980s at the behest of Alejandro Escovedo, and formed Loose Diamonds with Scrappy Jud Newcomb. An Austin journeyman musician, filmmaker and leader of the house of songs, Campbell has released 8 CDs and produced other artists' albums.
Colin Gilmore: Colin Gilmore, son of Jimmie Dale, is already winning over fans and critics alike with his new release "The Wild and Hollow".
Volunteer and Sponsorship Opportunities:
It takes over 100 volunteers to make Cherrywood Art Fair happen every year. Opportunities are available for artist load-in and breakdown, greeters, artist booth spotters, silent auction cashiers, artist food services, decorating and general support. More info on volunteer opportunities can be found online here. A huge thank you to this year's sponsors and donors: Sponsorship opportunities are still available. For more info, email email@example.com.
About Chula League: Founded in 2005, Chula League is an East Austin 501(c)3 non-profit, organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and aesthetic purposes. Chula League works to ensure that the arts and public outdoor spaces play a valued role in the educational, economic and cultural well being of the Cherrywood Neighborhood and adjacent neighborhoods in East Austin.
WHO: Chula League-East Austin non-profit supporting arts, arts education & artful public landscapes
WHAT: Cherrywood Art Fair announces over 85 artists for 12th annual event
WHERE: Maplewood Elementary, 3808 Maplewood Ave.
WHEN: December 7th and 8th, 10 am - 5 pm
PRICE: Free for all
Full List of 2013 Cherrywood Art Fair Artists:
- 2 wards design group - Christian Ward - Home Decor & Beauty
- Adorbz - Nicole Labry - Kids & Pets
- All in Sight - Rachel Zubatch - Photography
- Andy Bates Portraits - Andrew Bates - Kids & Pets
- Ape-Gear - John Mosteller - Kids & Pets
- Archetype Glass & Structural Design - Julian Villarreal - Fine Art
- Articulture Designs - Monique Capanelli - 3d Art
- Authenticaa - Alexia Maher - Home Decor & Beauty
- BDJ Craft Works - Brian David Johnson - 3d Art
- Bee Amour Jewelry - Anna Gieselman - Jewelry
- Bex Bauer - Rebecca "Bex" Bauer - Kids & Pets
- Bluehaven Porcelain - Clare Pousson - Ceramics & Pottery
- Bonnie Martin Designs, Inc. - Bonnie Martin - Textiles & Accessories
- Bright-Eyed Birdie - Britt Kilpatrick - Printmaking
- Buddha Hill - Kathryn Davis - Textiles & Accessories
- carly weaver - Carly Weaver - Fine Art
- ChetArt - Chet Phillips - Fine Art
- chia hats - Chia Guillory - Textiles & Accessories
- ColemanKellyCrafts - Coleman Kelly - 3d Art
- Curious Customs - David Umlas - 3d Art
- Danny Phillips Art - Danny Phillips - Fine Art
- davidlamplugh.com - David Lamplugh - Fine Art
- Deadly Creative - April Davis - Photography
- Debbie Carroll Designs - Debbie Carroll - Jewelry
- Delpfine Welch Designs - Delpfine Welch - Jewelry
- Dizzy's Retro - Jessica Frymire - Textiles & Accessories
- Doug Naugle Fine Art - Doug Naugle - Fine Art
- Dr. Lurp's Limpy Pots - Peter Ruck - Ceramics & Pottery
- Electric Eye Jewelry - Ashley Mcgee - Jewelry
- eleventy-five - Jessica Wells - Textiles & Accessories
- Eric Verret - Eric Verret - Fine Art
- Estudio Real - Sharon Knauss - 3d Art
- Eya Claire - Eya Floyd - Fine Art
- fail - Christine Fail - Jewelry
- Fat Cat Studio - Kari Stringer - Jewelry
- fisk and fern - Laura Fisk - Printmaking
- Fleegal Farms Soap - Elly Fleegal - Home Decor & Beauty
- Fluxe Jewelry - Kristen Kramlich - Jewelry
- Frankie Handbags - Mary Ferris - Textiles & Accessories
- Horsemuffin - Gwendolyn Rice - Printmaking
- Hotline Ink - Jess Moss - Printmaking
- jaime jo fisher: contemporary art jewelry - Jaime Jo Fisher - Jewelry
- Jason Hooper Studio Pottery - Jason Hooper - Ceramics & Pottery
- JCR WORK - Julio Carreon-Reyes - 3d Art
- Jessibel Designs - Jessica Dickerson - Papermaking
- Jewelry by Carianne - Carianne Schulte - Jewelry
- jpear Design - John Vesel - Ceramics & Pottery
- LaLa - Laisa Macias - Textiles & Accessories
- Laura Maclay Designs - Laura Maclay - Fine Art
- Leaping Jean - Hannah Hamilton - Kids & Pets
- Lisa Loudermilk - Lisa Loudermilk - Fine Art
- Little Low Studio, Feb10 Design - Caitlin Mcclain - Papermaking
- Liz Potter Photography - Liz Potter - Photography
- LoveTheBaby - Allison Moss - Kids & Pets
- MakeATX - Kristen Von Minden - Kids & Pets
- Martin and Martin - Kathleen Martin - 3d Art
- Meow Kapow! - Melissa Stewart - Papermaking
- Metalsgirl - Laura Gibson - Jewelry
- Natsumi - Sarah Moore - Papermaking
- Nothing but a Pigeon - Taylor Hart - Textiles & Accessories
- Old Factory Soap Company - Madelene Novak - Home Decor & Beauty
- Paige DeShong - Paige Deshong - Jewelry
- Patricia Day Woven Designs - Patricia Day - Textiles & Accessories
- Petite Pensieri - Tahra Boatright - Kids & Pets
- Pigsey Art - BRAndy Davis - Papermaking
- PrettyKiku - Emmanuelle Reynolds - Jewelry
- Record Time Clocks - Candice Granger - Home Decor & Beauty
- Rhyno Clayworks - Ryan Lucier - Ceramics & Pottery
- Rick Loudermilk - Rick Loudermilk - Fine Art
- Robo Roku - Renée Rice - Textiles & Accessories
- South Austin Gallery - Jennifer Worth - Photography
- Soy Delites Candles - Christy Bell - Home Decor & Beauty
- Spruce Jewelry - Katrina Marhefka - Jewelry
- Squirabbit Artz - Squidrabbit - Printmaking
- StaiNed Glass Cloth - Norma Maurer - Home Decor & Beauty
- Stolen Moments LLC - Mathew Sturtevant - Photography
- Stones Throw Studio - Kyle Gross - Jewelry
- Sweettooth - Amy Barber - Textiles & Accessories
- Terra Firma Studios - Aly Winningham - Fine Art
- The Bottle Garden - Mollie Doyle - Home Decor & Beauty
- The Cat Farm - Alicia Folts - Kids & Pets
- The Crafty Monkey - Shauna Woullard - Textiles & Accessories
- The Thinks - Hannah Stoney - Fine Art
- VintageAcorns - Gretchen Stanfill - 3d Art
- Wesley Harvey Ceramics - Wesley Harvey - Ceramics & Pottery
- Willow Tree Works - Crawford Shortt - Jewelry
- Woodarts - Mark Mallia - 3d Art
- Zoë Comings - Zoe Comings - Jewelry
- ZZZ Threadz - Anne Rutt - Textiles & Accessories
More On: Cherrrywood Art Fair