Comscore

re: Annaleigh Ashford to join Chicago's Wicked

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
Broadway Legend
props to her - hope to see her back on broadway again soon though
lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
Will, Dee be leaving in June? If so, I wonder who they will get to do the show through its rumored closing in January.
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
Broadway Legend
Congrats to her, but I'm gonna miss her here in NY.
yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
Broadway Legend
so am i. wished she stay her and also that replace stephanie with lisa. con-grat-o-u-tions to her. it wont be the same without her here.
insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
Broadway Star
Does that mean she won't be in "Catch Me If You Can"?
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.
obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
Broadway Legend
Aww that's great! but I, too, am really going to miss her here in NY.
legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
Broadway Legend
And again with the recycling, ugh. With Annaleigh leaving NY, Erin leaving Chicago, and Megan Hilty leaving LA - I had a feeling more recycling was gonna go on.

And notice how they didn't say something like "Annaleigh will play her last show in NY on May 11" - still no official announcement about that yet.

I was looking forward to seeing Annaleigh do something new (such as Catch Me If You Can), but I guess she's sticking with Wicked for a little longer. I hope she doesn't do what some people do and stay with the show for several YEARS. The girl has too much talent and potential to stay in only one show for so long.
maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
Broadway Legend
I'm still happy for her. A job's a job!
lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Broadway Legend
I still wonder if Dee will be sticking around 'till the closing...
Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
Broadway Legend
its going to be hard to see her go, i mean let her go. i def agree annaleigh def has loads of potential but i wish they let her stay in new york. now i feel it will be way to hard to replace annaleigh on broadway, i just love how they say snagged, its more like kidnapped her. most of all seeing her and hearing her in events her for the past year and an half....its def will be a hole in my heart and prob alot of you. i wrote to her on her myspace today about her extending her contract here, i guess it wont happen.

on a light note i hope megan hilty and shoshana come back to new york and do their variety show in one of the clubs or pubs here in manhattan.
broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
Broadway Legend
I'm so happy for Annaleigh!
"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."
rewritemystory
Stand-by
I would have preferred Kate F to stay for more than three months.
I care little for Annaleigh.
jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
Leading Actor
Congrats to Annaleigh:)
"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe
diva19 Profile Photo
diva19
Chorus Member
You sound like a sad person, rewritemystory, I am going to add you to my nightly prayer list.
Yay for Annaleigh! Glad to hear she's continuing the role she's grown into so beautifully. I hope they know how lucky they are to have her!
ShiksaGoddess2 Profile Photo
ShiksaGoddess2
Understudy
Wow, I didn't see this coming. (I thought she'd be in Catch Me If You Can?) Oh well, Congrats, Annaleigh!
Parks Profile Photo
Parks
Broadway Legend
Ooh! Margot is going to Chicago?! Wonderful news!!
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
Broadway Legend
Why would she take what is basically a demotion?
http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699
suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
Broadway Star
Didn't NOT see that coming. The Wicked Chicago is so...well...SMALL compared to the Gershwin. Oh, well, I couldn't be happier for her (Didn't mean that reference...ha!)I really, really likled her Galinda. She's one of my favorites, if not my most favorite. I might have to convince my family to go to Chicago to see her.
Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
JoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
In what way is the Chicago production "Small" compared to Broadway?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
Broadway Star
I meant the stage is smaller, the theatre is smaller... and the costumes are slighlty scaled down, or changed. The dragon is very, very small, and the Wizard's head is smaller. Also, some effects have been scaled down or changed, and there are some different set pieces.

It's still great, I went there in March. I'm just saying, it's small.
Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
Updated On: 4/16/08 at 11:13 AM
JoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Really? Because the Gershwin has 1933 seats and the Oriental 2253. I can't find stage measurements but seem to recall when the production opened that the stage was similarly "Smaller" in Chicago, meaning not smaller at all.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
Broadway Legend
The sooner she leaves Broadway the better. Can't believe they would still keep her on the payroll. Her performance as Glinda was adequate at best, and that's being kind.
EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
Broadway Legend
Good for her!!!
"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
YAY!
He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.
shiz_student94
Featured Actor
Aww. LOL. I'm sad to see Kate leave!! Kate Fahrner and Erin Mackey are definitley the most amazing Glinda's I have seen...But it will be nice for a new Chi Glinda!
"Sing 'till you're breaking glass or you're breaking down"

Page: