Theatremania Gold Club?

CurtainsUpat8
Understudy
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/3/14 at 07:47pm
I am curious if Theatremania Gold Club is any good. Anyone have any experience with it?

Updated On: 9/3/14 at 07:47 PM
bwayto
Broadway Star
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/3/14 at 08:45pm
Alan Henry
Senior Editor, BWW Toronto
alan@broadwayworld.com

Follow me on twitter, here!
Like on Facebook, here!
CurtainsUpat8
Understudy
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/3/14 at 08:56pm
Thank you for answering me so politely. I should have done a search before I posted. I guess I just wasnt thinking and I also wanted some updated opinions. It seems that every one of the papering organizations have good and bad reviews. Some people love one and another person hates them. I am a member of one already. I don't have any complaints at all with it. They have a good selection of OFF Broadway and OFF OFF which I am perfectly happy to go see. They occasionally get a Broadway show, but with Broadway being what it has become, I think we are lucky to get any Broadway shows. I see an average of two shows a week with the service. They have never made an error at the box office. It's not The Gold Club but Ill stick with it. Thanks again.

Updated On: 9/3/14 at 08:56 PM
VotePeron
Leading Actor
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/3/14 at 09:16pm
I really dislike it. I've only seen 3 shows from it this year, and have only seen maybe a dozen that would be worthwhile attending. I'm disappointed and won't be renewing.
bwayto
Broadway Star
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/3/14 at 09:29pm
No problem! I haven't ever used any of them but remembered seeing lots of threads. Maybe someone else will chime in with opinions from this season?
Alan Henry
Senior Editor, BWW Toronto
alan@broadwayworld.com

Follow me on twitter, here!
Like on Facebook, here!
macnyc
Broadway Legend
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/3/14 at 09:59pm
I've been a bit disappointed with Theatermania Gold the past couple of months. I'm still goiing to renew, because I enjoy checking the listings, but I hope that it picks up soon.

Edited to add: In the past 12 months (August 2013 through August 2014) I attended 23 shows via the Gold Club, but lately I haven't seen as much worth seeing.

Updated On: 9/4/14 at 09:59 PM
Broadway Joe
Broadway Star
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/3/14 at 11:45pm
I had it in 2012, complete waste of money for me.
lightguy06222
Broadway Star
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 09:27pm
@macNYC can you list the shows or highlights?
macnyc
Broadway Legend
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 10:56pm
We're not supposed to disclose that info, even after the fact.
wdwfreak
Broadway Legend
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/4/14 at 10:59pm
Wicked was up last week for the next 3 months
AntV
Featured Actor
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 01:14am
Last season they had 17 of the 44 Broadway shows that opened.
The free site that shall not be named had 6 of those, PLUS 2 that the Gold Club didn't have, which I find strange they didn't get them.

And the Gold Club has recently gotten 2 currently running musicals from past seasons for the first time.

Plus a lot of popular Off Broadway stuff. So it's a pretty great service. Don't see why people complain.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 01:19am
Gold club is at least a hell of a lot better than Play-By-Play. That's just a sad shell of what it used to be.
NewYorkTheater
Broadway Star
Theatremania Gold Club?
Posted: 9/5/14 at 01:22am
Jordan, please tell me more about Play-by-Play. Why a sad shell? How does its cost compare to the others?

Updated On: 9/5/14 at 01:22 AM