Comscore

Here Lies Love San Francisco

Wildcard Profile Photo
Wildcard
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/14 at 12:28pm
Here Lies Love is looking at opening in SF in early 2015 with auditions scheduled this fall. Anyone have any ideas which venue it might play?
LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/14 at 12:48pm
I was going to ask where you heard about this, and then I found:

As for the San Francisco cast in an early 2015 production, the casting will be held this fall or winter.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/148382/third-filipino-tony-winner-from-humble-roots#ixzz399yIE8Je

"Don't patronize me, alright?" - BroadwayStar4
broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/14 at 04:04pm
I'm guessing it won't be any of the traditional spaces (i.e. Golden Gate, Curran, etc).
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/14 at 04:22pm
Why SF? Is it an open ended run? I guess there's a huge Asian population in San Fran.
broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/14 at 04:25pm
Uh...because San Francisco is a 'destination' city and there's an opportunity for a successful commercial run.
LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/14 at 04:27pm
I guess there's a huge Asian population in San Fran.

Yes. And Daly City, just south of SF, is 33% Filipino.

"Don't patronize me, alright?" - BroadwayStar4
Updated On: 8/1/14 at 04:27 PM
JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/1/14 at 09:59pm
There are some great venues in SF. They could almost create one for the show. I thnk it would be wonderful place for the show.
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
Featured Actor
Posted: 8/2/14 at 04:14am
Having spent six months earlier this year doing an immersive show in SF, There is DEFINETLY a market for this. We were sold out every night.
mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Posted: 8/2/14 at 04:35am
ChairInMan, were you in the SPEAKEASY? Because if so, I loved that "performance"
Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.
Brick Profile Photo
Brick
Broadway Legend
Posted: 8/2/14 at 11:49am
I absolutely think there is a market for it, but I'm still surprised - I hadn't heard anything about it.

I should note there is no way they could charge Off-Bway prices. Unless you're BOOK OF MORMON, people won't shell out that kind of money in SF.

Advertisement