Seth Rudetsky's "Obsessed": Anne Runolfsson in "Victor/Victoria"

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile PhotoPatti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh my goodness, this woman has an amazing voice! She tells Seth a story about how she had to cover for Julie Andrews (mid-show) in "Victor/Victoria." At the very end, she holds an INcredible note. Would someone please describe it...it is UNreal!! (from Playbill.com)

Anne Runolfsson
Years from now, when you talk about this...and you will... be kind.
Updated On: 7/25/14 at 05:18 PM
SweetLips Profile PhotoSweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Rudetsky's #2
Posted: 7/25/14 at 6:48pm
What a fantastic 'Obsessed', that woman is A.MAZ.ING. Thanks for sharing. Love stories like that.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Rudetsky's #2
Posted: 7/25/14 at 6:54pm
She has been missing from Broadway. Saw her in V/V when Julie was out and she was superb.
A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within - " The Fall Of The Roman Empire" - De Ja Vu all over again
TheatreFreak05 Profile PhotoTheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Rudetsky's #3
Posted: 7/25/14 at 7:34pm
Anne is incredibly talented and a wonderful person!

I saw a video of her singing a song from the Cyrano musical on youtube a while ago. I can't remember the title of it, and I haven't been able to find it on there since. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Rudetsky's #4
Posted: 7/25/14 at 7:38pm
She is delightful!! How could they say no one heard Carlotta's last note in Prima Donna?! I used to work at Phantom when it first opened, and I used to watch that scene/song every time I was there. I was very well aware of that final note. I also remember her from Cyrano when she went by Anne Marie Runolfsson.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
JasonM12480
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Seth Rudetsky's #5
Posted: 7/25/14 at 8:57pm
The last note she hits is a high F, one octave higher than her "belted" F (when Seth says "vocal damage" in jest) - it's not really belted - she has an incredibly healthy mix, which to the untrained ear is "a belt." The high F she does in good humor at the end is nothing difficult for a classically trained coloratura soprano, which she clearly is. She has an amazing 4 octave vocal range. Brava, indeed!
JasonM12480
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Seth Rudetsky's #6
Posted: 7/25/14 at 8:57pm
The last note she hits is a high F, one octave higher than her "belted" F (when Seth says "vocal damage" in jest) - it's not really belted - she has an incredibly healthy mix, which to the untrained ear is "a belt." The high F she does in good humor at the end is nothing difficult for a classically trained coloratura soprano, which she clearly is. She has an amazing 4 octave vocal range. Brava, indeed!
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Rudetsky's #7
Posted: 7/25/14 at 8:58pm
Believe that was the Dutch version of Cyrano that briefly played on Broadway years ago.
A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within - " The Fall Of The Roman Empire" - De Ja Vu all over again
dreaming Profile Photodreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Rudetsky's #8
Posted: 7/25/14 at 8:59pm
She's very, very talented and a sweet lady. I have met her informally over the years and she's really nice. (I did see her as Carlotta-she was magnificent.)
chinto1984
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Seth Rudetsky's #9
Posted: 7/26/14 at 12:45pm
i lover her album.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
Backstage with Richard Ridge
Back to Falsettoland w/ OBC - Passing the Torch
Backstage Bite
TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with ALADDIN's Rodney Ingram!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
CHEWING THE SCENERY- Patti LuPone's Autobiography Continues as She Becomes Eva Peron!
KID CRITICS
TV: KID CRITICS Swept Away at PHANTOM
BROADWAY SESSIONS
LION KING Cast Roars at Broadway Sessions