Comscore

TDF

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
Chorus Member
TDF
Posted: 7/21/14 at 08:04pm
Do any of you belong to TDF? I recently joined. I want to see Violet and I'm trying to decide if I should just buy tickets with a discount from playbill.com or use TDF. The playbill tickets are about twice as much money, but I know I'll get a good seat. I guess what I want to know is if you've bought tickets from TDF, have they been good?
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
TDF
Posted: 7/21/14 at 09:21pm
TDF tickets can be anywhere. I've had front row, rear orch, mid mezz .....just about everywhere.

Like any bargain, you get what you pay for. I've always felt I've gotten my money's worth.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
ahhrealmonsters
Broadway Star
TDF
Posted: 7/21/14 at 11:02pm
Yeah, you never know. I've been in the 2nd row center orchestra and the 2nd to last row all the way to the side of the rear mezzanine. I often get tickets in the side rear orchestra, which is what I got at Violet. I've saved hundreds of dollars just this year alone through TDF. If you're fine sitting anywhere in the theatre, TDF is wonderful.
VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
Leading Actor
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 12:47am
For Violet specifically, there are no bad seats in that house! The rear orchestra even provides a fine view, and the mezzanine is super close and intimate! So even if you were to TDF it, you will get great seats!
Glittergrrl
Chorus Member
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 12:58am
Thank you all for your input. I got my tix through playbill so I didn't pay full price but I didn't get the greatest deal. TDF is going to be tricky for me-I'm kind of anal about picking my own seats. I'm so excited for the show!
macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
Broadway Legend
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 01:24am
If you're "kind of anal" about picking your own seats, I don't think you'll be able to get much use out of your TDF membership.
Glittergrrl
Chorus Member
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 01:27am
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but it was only $25 and it's a good cause. It's the not knowing that kills me. I guess I don't like surprises.
brdway411
Broadway Star
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 04:52am
We have been members for years. You never know were your seats are, but in the years we have belonged we have only once had bad seats. And we see EVERYTHING. I have gotten worse seats from TKTS many more times.
broadfan327
Leading Actor
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 07:46am
I seem to be unlucky, because almost every time I use it, they give me among the worse seats they have available.

Updated On: 7/22/14 at 07:46 AM
Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
Leading Actor
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 09:35am
Like the OP, I wasn't happy with my TDF tix for 2 B'way shows. But we've been very happy with where they've put us for Off Broadway shows, and we definitely get our money's worth that way.
broadfan327
Leading Actor
TDF
Posted: 7/22/14 at 10:50am
I use it mainly for off Broadway shows because even if I am sitting in the back, it doesn't really matter since the theaters are small.