Comscore

Papering/Getting Comps

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
Broadway Star
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/9/14 at 12:40pm
I've seen people on here talking about getting comps or when shows start papering their tickets. How do you receive deals like these?
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/9/14 at 12:57pm
There are clubs with annual membership fees ($99 typically) like Theater Extras or Theatermania Gold Club, or Student Rush's Will Call Club (free).
neonlightsxo
Broadway Star
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/9/14 at 12:58pm
Or some of us are in the industry and know people attached to the production.
Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
Broadway Legend
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/9/14 at 01:40pm
Yeah. Broadway shows tend to go to other Broadway production companies first when they need to paper the house, which is how industry folks get them.
Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
Broadway Legend
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/10/14 at 02:00am
How often does Theater Extras have Broadway shows, and are the offerings ever different than Gold Club?
bwayto Profile Photo
bwayto
Broadway Star
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/10/14 at 02:03am
Comps usually come from friends attached to the production (or even friends of friends).
Alan Henry
Senior Editor, BWW Toronto
alan@broadwayworld.com

Follow me on twitter, here!
Like on Facebook, here!
VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
Leading Actor
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/12/14 at 01:51am
I got Gold Club for Christmas this past year, and have been more than disappointed. After joining, I got pretty mediocre mezz seats to Machinal. I rarely see anything Broadway pop up, and sometimes maybe something popular Off Broadway will. Not what I was expecting based on the posts in the threads I researched before joining. I usually check the site multiple times a day, too.
AntV
Leading Actor
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/12/14 at 04:52am
Then you either don't check it enough or aren't willing to see some great off-Broadway shows. I get tickets from it to stuff I wanna see about once or twice a month. And they do get a few Broadway shows, some just very recently that aren't at the non-profits, including one I'm going to see this Sunday afternoon during the World Cup cause I don't give a crap about that. But they had it for a Wednesday matinee as well anyway.
Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
Broadway Star
Papering/Getting Comps
Posted: 7/12/14 at 11:14pm
Does anyone still use Play by Play? I was a member back in the mid 2000's and they used to get a good amount of broadway shows.