Writing a letter to Idina Menzel

Jufikar
Swing
Posted: 6/30/14 at 05:32pm
Yesterday, I saw If/Then and went to the stage door. Idina Menzel did not come out, so I wrote a letter and sent her my Playbill. Has anyone done this? If so, how long does it take to get anything back?

Updated On: 6/30/14 at 05:32 PM
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/30/14 at 06:26pm
Instead of a stamp I put kisses,
the postman said, "That's best to do.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/30/14 at 06:41pm
Can't tell you how long it will take as I've never done it, however proper protocol is as follows: include a SASE with your letter/playbill. Without it, it will take much longer to get, possibly keeping it from ever getting it to you.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
FishermanBob
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/30/14 at 07:22pm
Yes, definitely don't expect for the performer to pay to send it back to you out of their pocket. SASE is required.
Jufikar
Swing
Posted: 6/30/14 at 10:45pm
That's exactly what I did. I guess all I have to do is wait and hope she writes back :)
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/30/14 at 11:51pm
I think the most you should expect back is a signed playbill, if she started writing replies to people she'd get bombarded with letters...
formerly oasisjeff on here.
Jufikar
Swing
Posted: 7/1/14 at 03:32pm
That's why I gave her my email address in case she did feel like writing anything back.
Brian07663NJ
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/1/14 at 03:37pm
just expect the signed Playbill...
Up next: Apr 01 Hedwig and the Angry Inch; Apr 05 Charo at RamsHead OnStage; Apr 07 Lady Gaga at Roseland Ballroom; Apr 13 Amaluna next to Citi Field; Apr 18 Disney Junior at MSG Theatre; May 06 Aladdin; May 13 Artpop Ball Lady Gaga at MSG; Jun 07 Varekai in Bridgeport, CT Jul 12 1:30pm Side Show; Jul 12 8:30pm Fantasia w/National Symphony Orchestra; Aug 16 The Visit: Williamstown Festival
Jufikar
Swing
Posted: 7/1/14 at 03:56pm
Ok. Thanks for your help!