THE LION at MTC Stage II

iluvtheatertrash
Broadway Legend
THE LION at MTC Stage II
Posted: 6/26/14 at 11:04pm
Just returned from opening. Went in not knowing I was attending an opening, mortified by my clothing. Anyway....

Go see it. It's a profoundly moving, beautifully written, exceptionally performed and stunning piece of musical theatre. Not only is Ben Scheuer gorgeous (seriously), but he is astonishingly talented. If MTC is smart, they'll extend and record. I haven't been this moved in a very long time.

Isherwood liked it too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/theater/benjamin-scheuer-tells-his-story-in-the-lion.html?_r=0
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
zzdawgg
Swing
THE LION at MTC Stage II
Posted: 6/26/14 at 11:29pm
I agree completely! I saw it a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. Gorgeous venue, too.
Show # 1 | Show # 2 | Show # 3 | Show # 4 | Show # 5 | Hey, everyone, come look how cool I am | Show # 6 | Show # 7 | Show # 8 | Show # 9 | Show # 10 | So cool | Show # 11 | Show # 12 | Show # 13 | Show # 14 | Show # 15 | Look at all my privilege | Show # 16 | Show # 17 | Show # 18 | Show # 19 | Show # 20 __________
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
THE LION at MTC Stage II
Posted: 7/1/14 at 07:01pm
Anyone know if there are student tickets or is $30 the lowest it's gonna go?
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
macnyc
Broadway Legend
THE LION at MTC Stage II
Posted: 7/1/14 at 07:09pm
I posted about this earlier. I really loved it. I went in not expecting much, and it was so nice to be pleasantly surprised.
Jonah332
Swing
THE LION at MTC Stage II
Posted: 7/1/14 at 10:39pm
I saw it when it was still called "The Bridge" at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. You really can't go wrong with this one.
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
THE LION at MTC Stage II
Posted: 7/4/14 at 11:14am
I got around to seeing this the other day and it's fantastic. Very simple concept executed perfectly. Ben Scheuer is an amazing musician and wonderful songwriter. I had very little knowledge going in but was extremely moved by his story. I would call this a don't miss.

If someone has his album "The Bridge" please PM me because I have a question for you.
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah