Comscore

Laura Benanti auditions for every role in Peter Pan (Video)

brldisteach2
Understudy
Laura Benanti is awesome.
PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
She's kinda brilliant.
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
Understudy
Hope she gets back to Broadway soon! Do we know if she has anything lined up?
I might see her on July 10 at Wolf Trap (VA), since Matt Morrison is also performing the same night, and he invited me. I'd love to see her perform live!
2013-2014: Kinky Boots - Pippin - Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike - A Comedy of Errors - Twelfth Night - 700 Sundays - Big Fish - The Glass Menagerie - If/Then - The Bridges of Madison County - All The Way - A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder ** Touring: Miss Saigon - American Idiot - Into The Woods - Bring It On - The Book of Mormon
tobiasragg Profile Photo
tobiasragg
Broadway Legend
I mean, really this just proves that she can do no wrong.
"Bring down my things. I'm going out of this world exactly the way I came in to it: wearing a hat." - Colleen Donaghy, "30 Rock" -- "The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not."
mamaleh
Broadway Star
Nana, the Croc and Tink? Truly outside-the-box casting. Just love her.
FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
Broadway Legend
Forgive me for a comment that doesn't speak to her immense talent... but Jesus, can she look any hotter?
gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
Broadway Legend
Her interpretation of Tinkerbell is my new favorite thing.
ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
Broadway Star
hmmm... A tramp stamp. I wouldn't have guessed.
promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
Valeposh, thanks for the heads up!! I live right by Wolf Trap.
valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
Understudy
PromisesPromises2, you're very welcome! I'm trying to figure out my travel arrangements these days. Hopefully I'll be able to attend! I've been to a bunch of Matt's shows, but I've never seen Ms Benanti live.
2013-2014: Kinky Boots - Pippin - Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike - A Comedy of Errors - Twelfth Night - 700 Sundays - Big Fish - The Glass Menagerie - If/Then - The Bridges of Madison County - All The Way - A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder ** Touring: Miss Saigon - American Idiot - Into The Woods - Bring It On - The Book of Mormon
HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
Stand-by
I think this video will end up being more entertaining than the actual Peter Pan broadcast.
CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Is she dating Matt?
valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
Understudy
Haha! No. They're just performing on the same night. I don't know the relationship status of Laura, but Matt is engaged to a model/actress called Renee Puente.
macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
Broadway Legend
I love the crocodile.
jbroadway4 Profile Photo
jbroadway4
Stand-by
This was frickin brilliant! She needs to play Mrs.Darling in this!
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
If she ends up getting cast in every role I'll definitely be tuning in. Otherwise...
JRRTolken
Understudy
really more Broadway I miss her on the stage she is one the best actresses ever. One of the best actresses ever to have graced Broadway. I think she would be great in anything she does.
HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
Broadway Legend
I feel like such a party pooper, but I didn't laugh once. And I ADORE this woman and loved all of her prior TheaterMania and Playbill videos.
SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
Broadway Star
FB Please keep your hetero persuasions to yourself--don't you realise that BWW is strictly for the OTHER side of the fence-my sensibilities are shaken, need the smelling salts after that comment.
ghostlight2
Broadway Legend
"hmmm... A tramp stamp. I wouldn't have guessed."

Seriously? She's got quite a few tattoos.

"Please keep your hetero persuasions to yourself--don't you realise that BWW is strictly for the OTHER side of the fence-my sensibilities are shaken, need the smelling salts after that comment."

I think you made a wrong turn somewhere - this isn't DataLounge, darling.
SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
Broadway Star
FB and I have a 'thing' going--- you wouldn't understand-it's rather 'delicate'.
FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
Broadway Legend
Yes Ghoshlight, the Lips and I are breaking new ground here so best for you to just give us wide berth. And now, let's all sing "Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand..."
SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
Broadway Star
FB, I have just put up a new avatar,especially for you, to try and keep you on the straight and narrow [if you get my drift].
Not sure when/if it will appear but I am sure it will keep you on your chosen path-any SLIGHT detour and I will be delighted or SHOCKED.

Updated On: 6/12/14 at 03:29 AM

Advertisement