Kate Baldwin and Jason Danieley Will Lead Broadway-Bound Can-Can Revival at Paper Mill

kade.ivy Profile Photokade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Didn't even know this was in the works for Broadway.

http://ht.ly/xJBgN
CurtainPullDowner Profile PhotoCurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kate Baldwin is a beautiful, extremely talented Actress/Singer, but it does seem this part needs more of an exotique type. It will be a challenge for her and I want to believe she will be up to it.
SidebySidebyLogan Profile PhotoSidebySidebyLogan Profile Photo
SidebySidebyLogan
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Didn't Megan Hilty participate in a workshop before she got pregnant? She seems like brilliant casting; sexy, sultry, brassy. She always nails those tough exterior, fragile at their core types. Alas, she had to go and have a personal life. The nerve of some people, getting knocked up when I've dreamcast them in a show!

IMO Kate Baldwin reads too refined or wholesome and at 43 she's well past the age of 28 at which Lilo played the part. But I admit I'm not terribly familiar with the book just the score and basic plot/characters. And who knows? The substantial revisions could address the age discrepancy. I like Baldwin so I hope that she surprises me.
bigbelterbaby Profile Photobigbelterbaby Profile Photo
bigbelterbaby
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Kate Baldwin is not 43 she just turned 39 on May 2nd. I'm just excited for a revival of this show and I think Kate is very talented and hopefully can dance and shake herself loose for this role.
Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.
SidebySidebyLogan Profile PhotoSidebySidebyLogan Profile Photo
SidebySidebyLogan
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sorry!!! I was on a site that had her birthday listed as 1971. But I see on 2 other sources it's '75.

As I said, I'm not rooting against her. I believe she certainly is talented. I think some people, perhaps wrongly, see Kate as more of your old school ingenue. I hope this role will allow her to show off a more saucy, cheeky side.
promisespromises2 Profile Photopromisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I LOVE Kate Baldwin and I'm excited to see what she can do with this!
NYadgal Profile PhotoNYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And I love Jason Danieley, so am very happy to hear this news.
"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Kad Profile PhotoKad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kate Baldwin is fantastic and I can't wait to hear her sing this score. And wear gorgeous period dresses.
"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Ed_Mottershead
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It will interesting to see who gets cast as Claudine -- the role that made Gwen Verdon famous -- who has the lion's share of the dancing, assuming they stick with the original script.
BroadwayEd