CONTEST: YOUR 2014 Tony Award Upset Predictions!

HorseTears
Broadway Legend
BACKGROUND:
I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE awards show upsets. Those moments when an announcer opens an envelope and the name no one was expecting gets uttered. You hear the audience gasp, you see the winner look TRULY shocked and the presumed narrative of the evening shaken off course. I think we could have a jolly good time by choosing our own personal upset predictions.

TO PARTICIPATE:
Respond to this thread with your ONE choice for a Tonys upset. To qualify you must choose only ONE category and one upset winner. Your upset winner must be listed as a third, fourth or fifth choice predicted winner by the the Awards show experts at GoldDerby. Only your first response in this thread will be counted, so go out on a limb, but choose carefully. Note: this is not who you WANT to win, but who you think might be a potential upset. The GoldDerby rankings include both input from their expert reviewers and regular GoldDerby.com users like you and me.

PRIZE:
Every person whose qualifying entry prediction comes true on Tony night will win an all expense paid autographed* picture of Tony Award winner Patti LuPone's topless scene from the film Son of Sam. All entries must be submitted to this thread by 4pm PST / 7pm EST on Sunday, June 8, 2014.

HERE ARE THE CURRENT RANKINGS FROM GOLDDERBY (STARTING WITH BEST PLAY):
http://www.goldderby.com/stats/combined/tony-awards-2014/play.html

Be sure that the "Combined" tab on the top right is selected as you browse categories, as shown below:

HERE ARE TWO EXAMPLES OF HOW TO CORRECTLY CHOOSE AN UPSET PREDICTION:
If you choose a category with four nominees, like Best Play, you will need to choose either the third or fourth ranked nominee - in this case, that would be Mothers & Sons or Outside Mullingar, the respective 3rd and 4th ranked nominees.

If you choose a category with five nominees, like Best Leading Actor in a Musical, you will need to choose Ramin Karimloo, Andy Karl or Bryce Pinkham, the respective 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked nominees.

PLAY ON!

*by me
kade.ivy
Stand-by
What a fun idea!

I really have no clue, but I'm thinking the biggest chance for an upset is Anika Larsen for Featured Actress in a Musical.

Looking forward to everyone else's predictions.
Up In One
Featured Actor
Indina Menzel Best Actress Musical
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Yolanda G from Motown is going to snatch best souvenir seller from Les Miz merch guy.
yes, you
Brick
Broadway Legend
Best Director, Kenny Leon for RAISIN IN THE SUN
broadfan327
Featured Actor
Act One - Best Play
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Bullets Over Broadway - Best Orchestrations.
You taste the silver Sara, you taste the crown, you thirst for blood from the roses in hand, oh you spoil for sash and scepter doing a dance, as they crown you queen of High School Land.
neonlightsxo
Broadway Star
LaTanya Richardson Jackson for Raisin in the Sun
Wickedmonkey332
Stand-by
Best Play- Act One
gfaustswa
Featured Actor
Mothers and Sons for Best Play
theatregeek6
Leading Actor
Love this!

I'm gong Lauren Worsham for Featured Actress in a Musical for Gentleman's Guide
Brick
Broadway Legend
Wait, ACT ONE is the current prediction by Reidel and would be a close 2nd if it lost to ALL THE WAY. Not an upset, but just a "theatre world" favorite.
MNC77
Swing
I'm going to go with Lauren Worsham for featured actress in a musical
HorseTears
Broadway Legend
Yolanda G from Motown is going to snatch best souvenir seller from Les Miz merch guy.

Oh, Namo, you're always on.

(Though I totally laughed. Go, Yolanda!)
AndersonTours
Understudy
ANYONE besides James Monroe Iglehart in the Best Featured Actor in a Musical category would be an upset.

Updated On: 6/7/14 at 12:21 AM
hundredsofhats
Understudy
Best Musical Score - Aladdin
Melissa25
Stand-by
Casey Nicholaw- Best Choreographer- Aladdin
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
LaTanya Richardson Jackson for Raisin in the Sun- Best Actress in a Play.
Darreyl with an L!
GreatWhiteGay
Swing
Lauren Worsham for Featured Actress in a Musical

Act One is 2nd and Casa Valentina is 3rd, as of this post. Looks like they're neck and neck, so they could be flipping every once in a while.
broadfan327
Featured Actor
When I picked Act One, it was third. Now I see it is second. I don't expect any prize, I just thought it was one of the more likely "upsets." Featured Actress in a musical/play are the other two categories I think are toss ups.
LittleEdieFan
Chorus Member
Featured Actor in a Play - Reed Birney for Casa Valentina
Jay94
Stand-by
Upsets that I could see happening:
Aladdin - Best Musical
Act One - Best Play
Kelli O'Hara - Actress in a Musical
LaTanya Richardson-Jackson - Actress in a Play
Reed Birney - Featured Actor in a Play
Celia Keenan Bolger - Featured Actress in a Play
HorseTears
Broadway Legend
Please feel free to edit your original post as many times as you'd like up to the submission deadline of 4pm EST / 7pm PST on Sunday. If you list more than one prediction, only your first will be counted for the purposes of this competition.
frazer
Understudy
Casa Valentina - best play
jas1234
Understudy
Glass Menagerie- Best Revival
All the Way- Best Play
After Midnight- Best Musical
Violet- Best Musical Revival
dtzumbrunnen
Broadway Star
Anika Larsen - Featured Actress in a Musical