Comscore

Help!

BayAreaBWFan
Swing
Help!
Posted: 5/13/14 at 02:37pm
We have tickets to If/Then and Heathers on the same night. Which would you see?
[Traveling to NYC and also have tickets to Bullets, Cabaret and Hedwig for other nights]
brdway411
Broadway Star
Help!
Posted: 5/13/14 at 02:56pm
Heathers. If/Then sucked.
LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
Featured Actor
Help!
Posted: 5/13/14 at 03:16pm
IF/THEN.

HEATHERS sucked.
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Help!
Posted: 5/13/14 at 03:21pm
Neither.

If/Then and Heathers BOTH sucked.
Dilettante
Pumpkin
Chorus Member
Help!
Posted: 5/13/14 at 03:22pm
I almost walked out at intermission of the opening night of If/Then. But, who really does that...(2nd act was the same).
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Help!
Posted: 5/13/14 at 03:42pm
I like both shows, although they are very different. If you adore the Heathers movie, then you know what you're in for, whereas If/Then is more philosophical and modern with some great songs and Idina really killing it on stage...

Some people dislike the dual narratives of If/Then, although an equal number of people seem to really enjoy the show, so until you have an equal number of positive and negative reviews, you're probably not getting a balanced view on that show. It does tend to be divisive, no one sort of likes it.

If both theaters used Telecharge, you could probably talk them into moving one of the shows to another date, but I think it's a Ticketmaster/Telecharge split, so you may be out of luck. That said, I would try and move Heathers to another date/time that works, since Telecharge will accommodate you more than Ticketmaster, typically.
BayAreaBWFan
Swing
Help!
Posted: 5/14/14 at 01:40pm
Hmmmmm, thanks for the thoughts. Seems to be a split of opinion on the two shows. Any other thoughts? We have tickets for both shows in two days . . . still not sure which show to watch. Thanks for the help!
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Help!
Posted: 5/14/14 at 01:43pm
I'm also indifferent to both shows, but of the two I'd recommend If/Then because at least you'll see Idina's Tony nominated performance.

....but the world goes 'round
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Help!
Posted: 5/14/14 at 01:58pm
"Seems to be a split of opinion on the two shows. Any other thoughts?"

I'm not sure tickets to three shows would improve things, heh.