FIRST WIVES CLUB to star Audra McDonald, Sherie Rene Scott and Lili Taylor...

theatregeek6
Leading Actor
would love to see the 3 of them in musicall version. Too much to ask?

Updated On: 5/13/14 at 01:38 PM
tazber
Broadway Legend
Can you imagine if these three brilliant actresses did a reading of the musical?

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

But it would be epic.
....but the world goes 'round
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
GONNA BE OUTRAGEOUS.... CONTAGIOUS!!!

I'M REEAADDDAAYYYY FO' CHAAANNNGGGEEEE
I'M READAAYYY
I'M READAAYYY

It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies. - Mike Royko, Columnist & Pulitzer Prize winner
AC126748
Broadway Legend
I've heard Lili Taylor sing. Love her to death, but you don't want her in a musical version of anything.
"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Tag
Broadway Legend
Last month there was a new workshop of the musical version in Toronto with Simon Phillips at the helm.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Isn't this a reading of the film's screenplay?
ABB2357
Broadway Star
It's a reading of the screenplay, but the musical is BY FAR my favorite out-of-town disaster of all time. It was truly one for the ages.

Tag, do you know who played the main roles in the new workshop?

the Act 1 finale
Updated On: 5/13/14 at 07:48 PM
quizking101
Broadway Legend
The headline about this benefit on TheatreMania leads with "Audra McDonald to divorce Will Swenson..."

When I read that, I had temporary heart failure.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
ME TOO ^^^^

If this is just a reading of the screenplay, they should NOT be charging $150. Just sayin'...
nomore.org
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
It's. A. Benefit. For. Charity.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
I'm aware, but they should make it actually worthwhile. These things typically benefit both parties involved.
nomore.org
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
CapnHook beat me to it. Those who already support and donate to the beneficiary of this event will pay the $150 regardless of which version it's for, since it is... a benefit event.
It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies. - Mike Royko, Columnist & Pulitzer Prize winner
Everlast85
Understudy
"CapnHook beat me to it."

Then why did you feel the need to comment further?
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
I think it was a HUGE mistake not having You Don't Own Me in the show. I remember when I saw the show at the Old Globe being really surprised that they did not have that song. I mean, when one thinks of the movie, they think of the song. it's like taking unchained melody out of Ghost.
Darreyl with an L!
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
This movie sucks. Read a GOOD screenplay.
"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry
Tag
Broadway Legend
ABB2357 I don't remember who they all were but it was a Canadian cast.