Holler If You Hear Me Special on Audience Reards ending 5/2

broadfan327
Featured Actor
5000 Bonus points for a single ticket purchase. I think it is worth if even you have no interest in the show. I personally value 5000 points at about $300.
Up In One
Featured Actor
How do you calculate that when the hot shows are asking you to redeem 10,000 to 12,000 points per ticket? Other shows you can buy at discount some other way
broadfan327
Featured Actor
What I normally do is I use 500 points at a time + some money. Shows normally cost $30-$50 + 500 points. The tickets are normally in the orchestra, and I have never had what I consider to be a bad seat. Using discount codes or going to TKTS, I would normally pay around $80 for the same type of seat, so I figure 500 points = $30. TDF tickets are cheaper, but I know from Audience Rewards I will always have a pretty good seat (not center orchestra, but normally side orchestra on the aisle next to the center is the norm for me), while TDF is a crapshoot if the seat will be good. Some shows from TDF I have been put literally in the worst seat they have available. You are right, if you want to use the points in one shot then the going rate is normally 7,000 - 10,000 points for whatever a regular orchestra seat goes for.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
cardamon
Understudy
If you're going to put any value on the points, it should be $125. That's how much 5000 points cost in the "Buy & Gift ShowPoints" section of the site.
broadfan327
Featured Actor
The way I use them, then that option is a good deal for me...Thanks for pointing it out to me. Also, essentially taking this deal allows you for purchase a $122 ticket plus fees for points worth according to the site $125, which makes seeing the show almost free in a way.

Updated On: 5/2/14 at 12:36 PM
Luv2goToShows
Broadway Star
Yep that is a good deal, and one that keeps on giving if you use those earned points for their Special limited time offers. Points cost equivalent amounts to about 2 1/2 cents a point. : )
Play Esq.
Broadway Star
I have never used audience rewards but looks like a real way to save money on tickets! Quick questions: do you have to buy a top price ticket to obtain the points? Also, can you use this service through the box office, or is this online only (I much prefer buying my seats at a box office).
Adair Haywind
Stand-by
Does anyone really care about this show?
Luv2goToShows
Broadway Star
Play Esq. you can still earn points when you purchase tickets at the Box Office, as long as it is a participating show, you just need to provide your Audience Rewards number to the Box Office Rep. You accumulate points regardless of ticket price, their bonus offers will specify if you need to spend a certain amount. Sometimes their offers to earn bonus points are sales incentives and the box office has not opened yet. I usually only do that if I think the show will sell well and discounts will be minimal or nonexistent. Or if I want to sit in a specific area. Hope this helps
Up In One
Featured Actor
So can I buy tickets to this show at a discount and still get the 5,000 points or are the points only given if you pay full retail price?
Luv2goToShows
Broadway Star
No Up In One, the terms and conditions specifies:

Online orders only. This offer is valid on orchestra, front mezzanine, and premium tickets priced at $129 and up for preview performances only (6/2 - 6/1. Qualifying tickets purchased through 11:59 PM EST on 5/2 will earn 5,000 Bonus ShowPoints per ticket. All other qualifying tickets purchased through 6/2 will earn 1,000 Bonus ShowPoints per ticket. Not valid in combination with any discounts or other offers.

Each offer has its own terms and conditions. I am looking at the other bonus offers and am seeing "Online Orders only" I wonder if this is new or it if it was always the case. So I am guessing you can only earn base points on tickets purchased at the Box Office.

Updated On: 5/3/14 at 02:46 PM
BroadwayNYC2
Featured Actor
You can only earn points for online orders
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
"Does anyone really care about this show?"

Apparently you don't. I think there is interest in the show, and I think it's great they are taking a risk. The rehearsal video looks creative, too. However, I won't be going because even though it's based on his songs, it's hard to get past the fact that he was a really bad guy. It's hard to care about a man who was into beating, robbing, shooting, sexually assaulting, and killing people. But, that's just me.

nomore.org
Updated On: 5/3/14 at 03:23 PM
Luv2goToShows
Broadway Star
BroadwayNYC2, I guess I was mistaken. I have purchased tickets at the box office a few times and the rep entered my A.R number. I never checked if I earned points from the purchase or not though.

Sutton Ross, if there was a like button I would like your post. I pretty much feel the same, plus I am not a huge fan of his music. Really not a fan of most rapping, especially hardcore rap, I always felt it spewed too much hatred and anger, well may I just did not get it, but I am fine with that because it did give me a headache after a while. LOL!
BroadwayNYC2
Featured Actor
Interesting, I guess it depends on the box office. I was always told it had to be done online by customer service
newsie20841
Swing
Telecharge box offices will add your AR number to an in-person transaction. I hve done this before and earned points. Ticketmaster-affiliated box offices cannot add yor AR number in person, so those shows must be purchased online or by phone to earn points. It is always a good idea to check your account after the show to be sure you earned your points. I have had to contact AR a few times because my
Points were not automatically added to my account.
kisstodaygoodbye2
Swing
Well, it's fairly obvious some of us haven't actually listened to 2Pac's music and care to generalize. All rap is the same, right?

Anyway, took advantage of this offer and I'm looking forward to seeing the show.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
I have listened to his music and aren't generalizing anything. Nope, rap isn't all the same, just like any other genre of music. His music is deeply poetic, but it still doesn't make what I said any less true.
nomore.org
roadmixer
Leading Actor
Hi Sutton Ross - You make a valid point regarding Tupac the person but don't forget that the musical has nothing at all to do with him or his life - it only borrows his riffs and his poetry. In terms of the validity of choosing whom you listen to based on their life choices, I dare say that the list would be very short of great musicians who couldn't fit into some sort of "bad person" category.
Luv2goToShows
Broadway Star
kisstodaygoodbye2, are you saying none of 2Pacs music spews hatred and anger?

No, not all Rap is the same, not all rap uses foul language and is anti-establishment. Does all his music contain such, maybe not. Am I familiar with his music? Some yes, all no.

Yes, 2Pac was a talented artist and poet. And while he may have been one of the best selling music artists of all time, the music is not for everyone. Art is subjective.

Good points roadmixer

Back to topic, the Audience Rewards bonus offer was a great deal, especially for those who are short on points.
Updated On: 5/4/14 at 08:55 AM
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
"but don't forget that the musical has nothing at all to do with him or his life - it only borrows his riffs and his poetry. In terms of the validity of choosing whom you listen to based on their life choices, I dare say that the list would be very short of great musicians who couldn't fit into some sort of "bad person" category."

His lyrics and poetry are ABOUT his life. So, of course they have to do with each other. When people listen to a song, the artist typically pops up in their head. Sometimes, people think about the life of the artist. A "bad person category" in terms of murdering someone would be a short list.

nomore.org