Bullets Merchandise Warning

Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/22/14 at 07:21pm
Be aware if you buy the flask: It leaks

Save your money
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
Matt Rogers
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/22/14 at 07:22pm
Does it have a bullet hole in it?
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/22/14 at 07:35pm
I thought BULLETS OVER BROADWAY was an OK show. The Outer Critics Circle nominations basically ignored it. But the Tonys may not. If Merchandise was a category, BULLETS would not be nominated.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
GreasedLightning
Featured Actor
Posted: 4/22/14 at 07:45pm
A little drastic, Roxy, don't you think? I, too, have a flask and have no problems with itů (I use it often, too ) Just because you received a flawed product that is mass-produced doesn't mean you're the only one or that you should go bashing the product. That's like me going to buy and iPhone, opening the case, having a pre-cracked screen and saying beware of all Apple iPhone products. C'mon.

Updated On: 4/22/14 at 07:45 PM
Matt Rogers
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/22/14 at 07:49pm
^
Why the hell doesn't this board have a like button??
mrsyaj
Swing
Posted: 4/22/14 at 08:14pm
If you don't buy a Bullets Over Broadway flask, Mia wins.
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/22/14 at 08:18pm
Whatever

Trying to help Next time I will not mention it.
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
Marway44
Featured Actor
Posted: 4/23/14 at 06:07am
Well I for one, thank you for mentioning it and looking out for your fellow Broadway friends.
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/23/14 at 07:14am
Mr. Roxy, I am sure they will exchange it for you. I had a problem with some merchandise last year with another show and they exchanged it without any problems.
mrsyaj
Swing
Posted: 4/23/14 at 07:56am
I'm glad you did, because I always loved the idea of carrying a hip flask around and it sounds like a great idea for merchandising. Not so great in execution, though, apparently.
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/23/14 at 08:31am
So we have one person that's had a problem with the merch and one that has not. How does this become a "buyer beware" type of purchase.

I also wouldn't have considered that most people use this as a practical item but rather somethingt to pop on a shelf with other memorabilia. (But I suppose that's because I don't see the need to carry alcohol around.)
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/23/14 at 08:34am
dramamama-I was wondering why he was using it-I wasn't under the impression people used them. (I wouldn't-I'd do the same as you-keep it as a collectible.)
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/23/14 at 08:56am
Well, not the same as me, I don't buy chachkies. I seldom buy merchandise at all. (Although, I do like my collection of baseball hats from shows -- but most of them have been purchased for me by my students.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/23/14 at 10:06am
I don't buy stuff, typically either. (I get t-shirts at the Flea Market every year for about a buck each-they make good gym/exercise shirts. Beyond that, I don't buy much.

But, I was saying I agree with you.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/23/14 at 10:42am
This thread explains a lot.
yes, you
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/23/14 at 11:46am
No, honey. It explains EVERYTHING.