Violet Stage Door?

gstrus2
Broadway Star
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 3/30/14 at 07:26pm
At Violet and asked about the stage door and was told the actors have a choice to leave out of 42nd or 43rd street. Has anyone stage doored Violet yet? Would love to meet Sutton and know which door she comes out of. Thanks!
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 3/30/14 at 07:31pm
I read somewhere that there is no proper stage door for Violet at this point, and they are trying to set one up.
<---------- No kids, no man, but I have some great pussies! And, If you're lucky, you too can call me Your Sassy Hagness.
gstrus2
Broadway Star
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/1/14 at 08:19pm
A little bump with more info. Saw the show Sunday night and after the show went out the 43rd street doors and saw Sutton's car sitting there, so I waited there along with 10 other people or so. Joshua Henry came out the "stage door", and then 40 minutes or so after the show Sutton did in fact come out, she signed everything but did not take pictures. Do not know if because it was raining or just because she normally doesn't do pictures, she was very nice though. I'm assuming the rest of the cast just left out the 42nd street exit. Hopefully they establish a stage door soon!
theminutepast
Broadway Star
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/1/14 at 09:18pm
Sutton Foster does not normally stage door.
Codeman109
Swing
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/1/14 at 11:52pm
Tonight the cast came out through the front door on 42nd. Sutton was the only one not to come out that way. Everyone signed and took photos for those that asked. Emerson Steele who plays Young Violet mentioned that they never know which way to come out. Everyone was so nice and appreciative.
theaterfan862
Featured Actor
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 10:45am
That is really funny Codeman because I saw the show last night too and waited at the back of the theater and Sutton was the only one that came out! I was expecting the rest of the cast and was surprised when she came out! She was really sweet and signed and took pictures with everyone that asked!
valeposh
Understudy
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 11:33am
Is anyone else having trouble buying tickets from the roundabout website? I was looking for a ticket for April 9 at 2pm, and I get a "no tickets with your promotion are available", even though I didn't insert any promo code. The 8pm performance on the same day (which I can't make because I'm seeing If/Then) has about 200 tickets available, so it sounds very weird to me that a random Wednesday matinee would be all sold out.
2013-2014: Kinky Boots - Pippin - Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike - A Comedy of Errors - Twelfth Night - 700 Sundays - Big Fish - The Glass Menagerie - If/Then - The Bridges of Madison County - All The Way - A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder ** Touring: Miss Saigon - American Idiot - Into The Woods - Bring It On - The Book of Mormon
Broadway61004
Stand-by
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 11:59am
Have you in the past used another code (such as HIPTIX or one of those)? If so, it may be embedded in your browser even if the code is cleared (this has happened to me before--I've taken out the promo code and it still is acting like it's there). Eventually I just ordered from another computer.
valeposh
Understudy
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 01:01pm
Interesting! I'll try from another computer! Thanks for the suggestion!!
2013-2014: Kinky Boots - Pippin - Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike - A Comedy of Errors - Twelfth Night - 700 Sundays - Big Fish - The Glass Menagerie - If/Then - The Bridges of Madison County - All The Way - A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder ** Touring: Miss Saigon - American Idiot - Into The Woods - Bring It On - The Book of Mormon
theatreguy
Broadway Legend
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 01:26pm
valeposh - since that's a Wednesday matinee I wouldn't be surprised if it's a school performance which Roundabout does for all of their shows. If any extra tickets become available, they're usually put on sale a few days before the performance. You might want to call them and see if that's a possibility.
hanschens
Stand-by
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 02:31pm
Is Sutton more likely to come out of the doors on 43rd street then? I'm travelling over from England this weekend and seeing the show on the 9th. I would really love to try and meet her after the show as I've been a fan of her for years but this is my first chance to see her live.
theaterfan862
Featured Actor
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 05:56pm
Hanschen from my experience last night it seems like she comes out on the 43rd st exit. There was a car waiting for her so that would be a good indicator if she is coming out there. Hope this helps and have a good time on your trip.
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 06:47pm
I hate the american airlines theater for the dual stage door. When I saw picnic I very politely asked the usher which door the cast used, she was quite rude in telling me they don't know or care. I've gathered from my experience that 42nd street is the "primary" stage door for the cast willing to sign, with 43rd being the alternate exit.
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 06:50pm
It sounds like they do have a system. The people who want to sign things come out on 42nd. How hard is that?
formerly oasisjeff on here.
avyrocks
Stand-by
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 06:56pm
jonartdesigns - I had the same experience. Politely asked about the doors and which way to turn when exiting the doors on either side (where to wait). The usher was really rude. I was arguing with the usher for like 5 minutes because she was being plain rude and not answering my question. I just wanted to know whether to turn left or right after choosing one of the two exits and she kept telling me there was two doors to exit.
east side story
Leading Actor
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 08:09pm
Aren't some of the ushers for the Roundabout volunteers? Their argument would most likely be that they are not paid enough to care. Regardless, rude is rude.
valeposh
Understudy
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/2/14 at 08:53pm
Just an update on the Wednesday matinee- theatreguy was right, it's a students-only performance.
JoshLovesRent
Swing
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/3/14 at 12:09am
Thanks for the pre-show advice! I wanted to know where to go because I saw the show tonight (april 2nd), and you guys were very helpful. Can confirm that Sutton came out of the 43rd street exit and signed and took pictures for those waiting for her, including me and my Window Card! The security man who was outside and very nice, told me she did come out there. Also can confirm she was the only cast member that came out this way, guess ill go back another day to get the rest of the cast.
lightguy06222
Broadway Star
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/3/14 at 12:12am
sounds like Sutton leaves the other way because she doesn't WANT to hear about how this is your first time seeing her live and you're here from london.
Moving to NYC Sept 2nd. Looking forward to seeing American Idion, Aadams Family, Fela!, La Cage Aux Folles, Little Night Music, Memphis, Million Dollar Quartet, Promises Promises, Wintuk
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/3/14 at 12:20am
I've waited at both exits in the past. The official stage door is on 43rd street but a lot of people do go out the 42nd street exit for a variety of reasons, one of them being it's closer to the subway. In my experience, they're just as nice and willing to sign no matter which door you wait at. In fact for some performances, they have security on both sides for people coming out.
Cape Twirl of Doom
Broadway Legend
Violet Stage Door?
Posted: 4/3/14 at 01:41pm
Aren't some of the ushers for the Roundabout volunteers? Their argument would most likely be that they are not paid enough to care. Regardless, rude is rude.

For the volunteers, their argument would be that they likely don't actually know the answer.

I am a volunteer usher for Roundabout & in fact I was actually the person that gstrus2 spoke to at Violet!! I only knew that the cast used both exits because of my experiences in the past, the Roundabout staff gave us zero information on the matter. There is no reason for anyone to be rude to you when asking such a question though! If they don't know, they should just say that they are a volunteer and don't have that information. I would never be rude to a patron asking questions!
"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"