Cabaret Canceled Tonight

jess_be
Swing
Cabaret Canceled Tonight (3/28)
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:22pm
So Alan Cumming is sick and this renders my hard to aquire hiptix useless because the next date available is JULY!!!!!!!!!! Glad noone in the roundabout office will offer any other alternatives for me for tickets sooner than 3 months(end of rant). However is this common to cancel a show outright because of a sick lead?

Alan out sick
Updated On: 3/29/14 at 03:22 PM
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:24pm
Already covered in the Cabaret previews thread.
nomore.org
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:28pm
People are coming to see him and are not paying big bucks for an understudy no matter how good he might be. It is the nature of the beast.
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:30pm
Alan Cummings was never in this.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:34pm
I wouldn't pay big bucks to see the understudy, but if Alan was out tonight, and the understudy was on, I'd be headed downtown tonight to check him out. Especially since the hottie who plays Bobby will eventually be Alan's understudy, heh.
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
jess_be
Swing
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:35pm
noted
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:36pm
I know, how hard is it to get someone's name right? Multiple people have gotten his name wrong on the Cabaret threads. Cumming. NO S.

nomore.org
Updated On: 3/28/14 at 03:36 PM
tazber
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:41pm
I just hope Alan Cummings feels better.
....but the world goes 'round
jess_be
Swing
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:42pm
Geez. Again with the name. A simple mistake. Never again! Sorry your eyes had to see such awfulness. Rest assured I have edited my original message and no one else will be subjected to this atrocity.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 03:44pm
I was just wishing him well.

blaxx
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 04:16pm
Actually it's Cumming not Cummings.
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 04:22pm
"Note to all: Alan Cumming would like you to know that there is no "S" at the end of his last name. "In my comedy shows, I do a song," says the actor amid a sea of orange chairs at the Crosby Street Hotel’s private movie theater, "I do my own little version called ‘Cumming With a 'G'." He breaks into song: “Oh, it’s Cumming with a ‘G’ not Cummings with an ‘S’..."

Gotham Q & A
nomore.org
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 04:23pm
Is that like Liza with a Z?
tazber
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 04:25pm
Well at least Michelle William will get a night to rest.
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 04:26pm
Uh oh call the police, someone put an S on a name. I heard you could get 30-60 for that crime. Run and hide, Taz!
<-----craves juicy pizza
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 04:43pm
You get the chair if you write in caps.
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Star
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 04:58pm
Why can't his understudy go on?
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 05:00pm
People are comings to see Cumming.

Updated On: 3/28/14 at 05:00 PM
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 05:09pm
"Why can't his understudy go on?"

The answer you seek is in the article you didn't click through to read.

"this renders my hard to aquire hiptix useless because the next date available is JULY!!!!!!!!!! Glad noone in the roundabout office will offer any other alternatives for me for tickets sooner than 3 months"

Is that because of HipTix or because the run is very sold out until around July, in which case someone who paid $350 for a table up close is just as put out as your $25, unless you factor in them being out $325 more per seat and also waiting until July.
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
ethan231h
Broadway Star
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 05:14pm
an understudy can't go on cause he hasn't had rehearsals yet and performances are resuming tomorrow according to roundabout!
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 05:20pm
Well, that explains why I couldn't get through to a representative earlier today. I was calling on the status of my ticket exchange (for June). Finally, hung up instead of racking up an expensive long distance call. Good luck to the rest of you. Hope you are local.
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 05:28pm
Interestingly I imagine it would have been much cheaper to rehearse the understudy than to cancel this performance. This risk did not pay off (I realise it is apparently common).
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 05:32pm
To the OP: while I understand being disappointed, it's no one's fault the actor got sick. The Roundabout, too, will be hurt by this. Put on your big girl panties. Life goes that way sometimes.

If there aren't any tickets at your price range, there aren't any tickets: what do you thing they should do exactly?
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 06:00pm
Exactly, there's no second Cumming.
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Kad
Broadway Legend
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 06:08pm
What other alternatives would you like Roundabout to offer you other than an exact exchange of your ticket's value or a refund?
jess_be
Swing
Cabaret Canceled Tonight
Posted: 3/28/14 at 06:08pm
I was merely voicing my surprise and frustration about an event that I had not encountered before or heard of: a Broadway show being canceled because of illness. I suppose I thought I would be offered an alternative other than “start over”. Maybe a rescheduled show, promotional offer for more expensive seats, pull some rush tickets. While everyone is equally put out and some were more economically invested than others the lack of planning surprised and frustrated me as well as it would have for you. And to find out that my money would be held as a credit and not returned was the cherry on top.

The more interesting topic (to me anyway): Has anyone heard of a Broadway show being canceled because of an illness?

Page:

BROADWAYWORLD TV