PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
mamaleh
Broadway Star
I like your SUBWAYS ARE FOR SLEEPING avatar, by the way.

I hope KR wasn't forced out of the series. I find her a very talented and charming performer.

Updated On: 3/25/14 at 07:51 AM
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
She was clearly forced out or, at the very least, agreed to leave. It says in the article "Rodriguez was to play Sally’s best friend Juliet, a sexy, flamboyant force of nature who runs the most successful fashion blog in the country. The character has undergone changes after the table read."

Whether or not that's a genuine reason, or if they just realized their casting department screwed up, remains to be seen..
neonlightsxo
Broadway Star
What a shame- I thought Krysta was perfect for the female Barney character.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
"I thought Krysta was perfect for the female Barney character."

Based on...?

I mean, I like Krysta, but how can I know whether she was right for a part we know nothing about, and whatever new directions they are envisioning for it?

Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
Updated On: 3/25/14 at 09:48 AM
cglaid
Broadway Star
good. i find her insufferable. can't wait to see who they cast instead.
neonlightsxo
Broadway Star
Jeff, based on the description of the character? Relax.
finebydesign
Broadway Legend
I love Krysta, but I felt like this was a cheap move to get an Aubry Plaza-type on CBS.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
You mean the description that has since "undergone changes"?

I'm perfectly relaxed.
Mercades
Leading Actor
what I've always said...she's just not that talented. Never understood her appeal. Don't wish ill for her, but she's SO...meh.
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
^
Thank ya, Jesus! And by Jesus I mean Mercades.
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
Owen22
Broadway Legend
Ew. Krysta Rodriguez has maybe an ounce of Aubry Plaza's talent...
JRybka
Broadway Legend
Maybe she is coming back to Broadway. She WAS one of the main highlights of SMASH.
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
finebydesign
Broadway Legend
"Ew. Krysta Rodriguez has maybe an ounce of Aubry Plaza's talent..."

Agreed, whatever it is Aubry is "doing," it's fascinating. I hate to say actors are "brave" but that girl has her own drummer.
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
She WAS one of the main highlights of SMASH.

Thats definitely one person's opinion. I watched SMASH and can attest to the fact that she was NOT one of the 'main' highlights of the series. She appeared in it in a role barely used or expanded and she was basically used for performance sequences. Heck, even Sean Hayes' guest appearance was more mapped out than Krysta's role.

If anything, I give her kudos for sticking to that hairdo/haircut. If anything, that is more memorable than her work has been AND its helped 'brand' her to some degree. She's yet to play a role that doesn't sport that hairdo. She wore it during her IN THE HEIGHTS performances and even Wednesday Addams had it.
So what does that make you, Brody? A zero-trick pony? - Wanna Be A Foster .........................The only power brody wields is in his own mind, joe. But it's amusing to watch him pretend nonetheless. - tazber
Blactor
Understudy
JR,

Not sure if this is what you're implying, but NO actor would leave a series regular role on a network television show to work on Broadway. It's drastically reduced visibility and--more importantly--a VERY drastically reduced salary.

It's more likely that she just wasn't right for it, at the end of the day. They're testing actors for the role right now as I type this. This kind of thing happens all the time during pilot season.

I also think it's interesting that posters at the Hollywood website Deadline think much more highly of Rodriguez than the community here.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
I saw her as the understudies understudy for Vanessa in In The Heights. Meh. Cute hair though.
nomore.org
Mercades
Leading Actor
i go by both Clyde...
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
I watched SMASH and can attest to the fact that she was NOT one of the 'main' highlights of the series.

I also watched SMASH and definitely consider her a main highlight.
"I hate dead people!" -- Joan Rivers. A Piece of Work
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
The people all are pointing
I bet they'd never guess
That the saint that they're anointing
Is frightened of the mess
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
But even though I fear it
I'm playin' all my cards
Baby, you are gonna hear itttttttt
When I give them my regards

Ah, the first episode of season 2, before it all went to complete sh!t.
nomore.org
Mattbrain
Broadway Legend
"I also think it's interesting that posters at the Hollywood website Deadline think much more highly of Rodriguez than the community here."

These posters like to think they make up the majority consensus.
Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Blactor
Understudy
Matt,

I would say the same thing about many of the posters here!
Alessio2
Understudy
I don't get her appeal at all, I thought she was incredibly unlikable on Smash and I think her singing voice is grating and annoying.

Page: