A Night With Janis Joplin to reopen April 10th?

PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
According to this casting notice for a Janis Alternate the show is set to reopen APril 10th, anyone have any idea where its reopening?

http://playbill.com/jobs/find/job_detail/59410.html
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
it said when it closed on Broadway it was planning on moving off-Broadway come the spring, but a house was never announced.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Do I hear New World Stages beckoning?
You heard it here first: Gluten free gluten for all you health food people out there.
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
they originally had said it would re-open in March, where could it go in New World, every theater is occupied right now isnt it, (with Heather taking Theater 1)
trentsketch
Broadway Legend
It was just announced today that A Night with Janis Joplin will reopen on April 10 at the Gramercy Theatre with Mary Bridget Davies.
Vespertine1228
Broadway Legend
Makes sense. The venue has gone back and forth from a legit theater to a concert venue in recent years. Personally, I think it's a lot better as a concert venue.

I wonder if they will fill the orchestra with seats again. I think it might be kind of cool if the front was standing room only like a real concert.

That being said, the location is far off, especially for tourists who I imagine must fill the bulk of the show's audience. They must have fought long and hard for a more central location before getting pushed to Gramercy.