ALADDIN Original Broadway Cast Recording to be released MAY 2014

TheatreKid3
Broadway Star
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
TheatreKid3
Broadway Star
Pre-Order available now! I think I just broke an exclusive story, haha. I give it an hour before it is front page news on Broadway World.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Has anyone seen a track list for this yet?
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Just_John
Broadway Legend
I'm so confused. The link says late June.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
The digital release date is May 27th. The physical CD will be out in June.
bryan
Broadway Star
it is not fair for the digel world to get cast ablums first and I wish all the cast cd and shows come out bfore the tony awards. so we an lisen to them
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Yup, it's all about LISEN and DIGEL Bryan!
nomore.org
Lousy
Swing
Bryan, I see you own a device that allows you to post on these boards. Congratulations, you officially meet the requirements of being able to purchase the digital copy of Aladdin. Now you can hear it before the Tony Awards.
No one gives a damn about the list of shows you've seen.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Got a track list. Not confirmed if the bonus tracks will be itunes bonus tracks or if the bonus tracks will only be on the CD like they did with Newsies, probably the latter.

1. Overture
2. Arabian Nights
3. One Jump Ahead
4. One Jump Ahead (Reprise)
5. Proud of Your Boy
6. These Palace Walls
7. Babkak, Omar, Aladdin, Kassim
8. A Million Miles Away
9. Diamond in the Rough
10. Friend Like Me
11. Act One Finale
12. Prince Ali
13. A Whole New World
14. High Adventure
15. Somebody's Got Your Back
16. Proud of Your Boy (Reprise)
17. Prince Ali (Sultan Reprise)
18. Prince Ali (Jafar Reprise)
19. Finale Ultimo
20. Bonus Track: Proud of Your boy (Adam Jacobs w/ Alan Menken on piano)
21. Bonus Track: Genie Medley (James Monroe Iglehart & Adam Jacobs w/ Alan Menken on piano)
fashionguru_23
Broadway Star
I preordered the cd at the show in December in Toronto. Never been able to do this before. I'm assuming that I'll get it in June when the physical cd is released? Anyone have any other thoughts?
"The 54th Street[theatre] had a rep as. . .where old musicals went to die." -Smaxie
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Entertainment Weekly is offering a sneak peak at the cast recording with a "A Whole New World" and "High Adventure". I just finished listening to "A Whole New World" and it sounded beautiful.

'Aladdin' cast album: Listen to two tracks from the Broadway musical -- EXCLUSIVE
jnb9872
Broadway Legend
Listening to "A Whole New World" and this is my first exposure to our Broadway Jasmine... wow Courtney Reed is incredibly bland.
Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Courtney Reed is the definition of bland. She looks the part but that's about the extent of her "talent."
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
^ I think she's okay, but Lea Salonga is WAY BETTER. I think Jessica Sanchez would make a great Jasmine if she's ever interested in doing Broadway.
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
I actually thought she sounded great. Everyone has the original version engraved in their minds, but not everyone can be Lea Salonga. Lol. Love the arrangements and orchestrations.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
I think Melissa O'Neil would be a great Jasmine as well.
TheatreKid3
Broadway Star
KirbyCat
Broadway Legend
Wow, this recording is gonna be somethin' beautiful. Friend Like Me sounds incredible.
hundredsofhats
Understudy
High adventure, yes!! Sounds awesome!! If only there was a sneak peek of diamond in the rough but I'll take whatever I can get. : )
TheatreKid3
Broadway Star
The fact that Dany Troob was not recognized with a Tony nomination for his incredible orchestrations is ridiculous.
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
Most of the nominations this year are nonsense
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
The dialogue bits sounds a bit flat but the songs are great, Friend like Me and High Adventure are my favourite so far.
TheatreKid3
Broadway Star
I really love "A Million Miles Away." The instruments sound fantastic in that one.

I could also go on and on about how ridiculous it was that ALADDIN's creative team was snubbed completely with the exception of Nicholaw's choreo.

I'm also rooting for ALADDIN or BRIDGES for score. The other two don't even compare.
Updated On: 5/19/14 at 09:30 PM
Jeffrey Karasarides
Featured Actor
"The fact that Dany Troob was not recognized with a Tony nomination for his incredible orchestrations is ridiculous."

I probably would've nominated him in place of Doug Besterman.