Comscore

SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE AT 54 BELOW

Zingingtobway
Understudy
Posted: 2/11/14 at 07:27pm
Did anyone attend this reunion concert this past Sunday. Wow I was amazed. I kinda wish this show would come back to Broadway for a revival. I had an awesome time. It was great to see most of the original cast on stage together again. I was sad that B.J. Crosby wasn't in attendance. I know she had a stoke a few years back and hope she is doing well. Stand outs of the evening for me was the amazing Ramona Keller. She sang BJ's track to perfection what what a voice. Standing O's all around the room. and Darryl Williams on I WHO HAVE NOTHING WOW!!! I am amazed.. what a Voice and a Range...Mr. Willams sang it all with ease and Perfection just awesome. I hope to see more of him on Bway soon... No T No Shade but Victor Who???... Brenda Braxton is always Fabulous and Beautiful. What a Lovely Evening.
There is nothing in the world better than Live Theater.
ThorouglyModern2
Swing
Posted: 2/12/14 at 12:31am
Sounds like an awesome night. Then again, a night at 54 Below is always awesome!
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/12/14 at 01:31am
I love Smokey Joes. I'm glad they filmed it. The DVD never fails to make me smile. I wasn't familiar with the majority of the score the first time I saw it, but it's a great introduction to Leiber and Stoller for musical theatre nerds who are unfamiliar.

Advertisement Advertisement