Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/9/14

Rob
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 03:04pm
Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 2/9/2014 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: A NIGHT WITH JANIS JOPLIN (25.6%), THE LION KING (9.2%), ROCK OF AGES (7.5%), JERSEY BOYS (7.4%), CHICAGO (5.9%), AFTER MIDNIGHT (5.3%), MAMMA MIA! (4.7%), BEAUTIFUL (3.7%), OUTSIDE MULLINGAR (3.7%), CINDERELLA (3.3%), ONCE (1.9%), KINKY BOOTS (1.6%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1.5%), MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL (1.4%), WICKED (1.3%), A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER (0.4%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (0.3%), NEWSIES (0.2%),

Down for the week by attendance was: THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY (-13.2%), MATILDA (-5.8%), PIPPIN (-4.8%), THE GLASS MENAGERIE (-3.7%), BRONX BOMBERS (-3.4%), MACHINAL (-1.1%), NO MAN'S LAND/WAITING FOR GODOT (-0.6%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.
VotePeron
Leading Actor
Posted: 2/10/14 at 03:08pm
So happy to see Beautiful doing so well! And Cinderella did get a little bump with Carly and Fran...
jnb9872
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 03:12pm
BRONX BOMBERS' average ticket price is nearly $30 less than the second-lowest average, which is a not-for-proft show at that. Ouch. Even with half the week coming after their opening night, they can't be long for this world.
Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.
NewSynchopation
Understudy
Posted: 2/10/14 at 03:17pm
Quite a drop for Bridges. I wonder how it will do in the coming weeks.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 03:48pm
A modest improvement for Jersey Boys but it must be in the area now of making a small loss/small profits, so now wonder how long this will be around for? Will it next year celebrate its 10th birthday?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel****
BroadwayNYC2
Featured Actor
Posted: 2/10/14 at 04:21pm
Good for Beautiful!
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 08:09pm
'Jersey Boys' will at least be opened till the summer since the movie is being released in June. I expect its grosses will go up after it is released. Nice to see Fran and Carly help boost 'Cinderella's grosses. I except they will be even better next week with President's Day weekend. 'Mamma Mia' has been working out at the Broadhurst.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/10/14 at 09:10pm
The movie should help Jersey Boys' grosses but I imagine its cheap to run so it can survive a low week.