When are digital albums generally released?

WJR2
Understudy
I am very excited for the Big Fish cast album. I know it's being released tomorrow, but I have a question.

Will it be released digitally tonight at midnight? Or later during the day? How does this work?

Thanks!
mrgiovanni
Chorus Member
Digital albums are most always released on Tuesdays. iTunes updates their store at 12 eastern time, so by 9pm on the west coast you can usually beging to download the new releases :)
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Big Fish is technically being released on iTunes tomorrow, but depending on your time zone (or if the direct iTunes link is available) you can download it a bit later tonight. It's never the same, but when I buy albums on iTunes, sometimes they're available sometime after 10:30 in my time zone.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
I'm pretty excited for Big Fish too. They're usually up at 9 on the west coast. Should be any minute now.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
jbroadway4
Stand-by
Anyone have a link to download it on iTunes? Its not listed on iTunes.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Nope. It's not up yet for some reason.
TheGingerBreadMan
Broadway Star
It's a little after 6 AM on the East Coast and still nothing on iTunes.

EDIT: Just saw this.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Broadway-Records-to-Release-BIG-FISH-Cast-Recording-in-Feb-2014-20140206
Some people can get a thrill, knitting sweaters and sitting still. That's okay for some people, who don't know they're alive!
Updated On: 2/7/14 at 06:10 AM
WJR2
Understudy
If anyone finds a direct link to buy it on iTunes, I would really appreciate it!!

And thank you all for your insight
Phillytheatreguy10
Leading Actor
So I'm not crazy, it is in fact, not on iTunes at the moment? I can't find it and I have been trying on and off since 1AM on the East Coast.
WJR2
Understudy
I can't find it either... ugh. Technology.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
I sent an e-mail to Broadway Records and they are claiming that it's iTunes that is running behind. They are "hoping it will be up today but can't guarantee it."

Updated On: 2/7/14 at 11:02 AM
neonlightsxo
Broadway Star
It can't be an iTunes problem. Sh-K-Boom, and others, never have a problem with getting things out when they say they will. It's a Broadway Records problem-- they had issues with getting Laura Benanti's CD out digitally too.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
I seem to remember Matilda being late too, but it was late going up digitally on Amazon, not iTunes.
tobiasragg
Broadway Legend
Glad I'm not crazy! First person to find it, post a direct link!
"Bring down my things. I'm going out of this world exactly the way I came in to it: wearing a hat." - Colleen Donaghy, "30 Rock" -- "The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not."
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
They posted this "update" on facebook still blaming iTunes.

"We have 4 releases coming out now on iTunes (Big Fish, Samson and Delilah and Volume 1 and 2 of From Broadway With Love). Please note that iTunes is running behind on posting our new releases so it could be up to a few days before all 4 of these are live. Thank you for your patience and your support of our albums."
mschwager
Stand-by
Samson and Delilah is on iTunes, but when you click on it, only the digital booklet is popping up. So I guess Broadway Records is trying slowly...

Samson & Delilah iTunes
Updated On: 2/7/14 at 03:28 PM
mschwager
Stand-by
Update. From Broadway with Love is too, but is having the same problem.
From Broadway With Love iTunes
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
Looks like it is in the process of being uploaded/added, if you go to this link...
Big Fish on iTunes
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
ilikebroadwaythings1
Swing
hmm thanks for the update! waiting anxiously...
WJR2
Understudy
what a tease... waiting impatiently !! :)
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
This is almost more infuriating than it just not being there.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Yeah, it's posting slowly, I will give them at least another hour for the entire album.
WJR2
Understudy
Is anyone getting anything other than the Digital Booklet?
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
I'm a pessimist. I think we should start taking bets on whether it will actually ever be released.
neonlightsxo
Broadway Star
Oh I'm sure it will be up by the end of the day.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Great. Now you jinxed it.

Page: