New Amsterdam Theatre--Place your bets!!

ak72090
Stand-by
I am a 6'0' man...who wants to bet I wont fit in the front row balcony for Aladdin!! The reviews for the theatre are scaring me. I might have to have my girlfriend jam me into the seat....Any tall people sit there before?? And to make matters worse...its in the corner. Still worth it!
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Six feet really isn't that tall for any seat, and unless you were featured on "My 600 pound life", the seats are comfortable and nice. Enjoy!
nomore.org
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Obviously spoken by someone that is not tall. There are a number of theaters where tall people cannot be comfortable. Heck, I'm only 5'4" and I've been cramped a few times.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
Buy front row aisle. Then you have somewhere to dump your legs if necessary...
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
^Yeah right. The ushers will come over and claim that it's a safety hazard.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
"Obviously spoken by someone that is not tall."

Im 5'9" actually, and have never had a problem in the New Amsterdam or any other theater in New York.
nomore.org
KirbyCat
Broadway Legend
I'm 5'10" and haven't had an issue in the New Amsterdam. Orchestra, Mezzanine, OR Balcony. You should be fine. Have fun! :)
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
"^Yeah right. The ushers will come over and claim that it's a safety hazard."

Oh, I'm sorry, I was answering in reality, not in "I want to say contrarian things on a message board"speak...
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
Vespertine1228
Broadway Legend
I'm 6'4" and the balcony at the New Amsterdam is painful. In fact, the whole theater is painful. I'm not sure what Disney was thinking when they renovated it. Tiny seats with barely there legroom. I honestly don't know if I will be going to see Aladdin, which is kind of a bummer.

6'0" is probably better, but not by much.
Justin D
Broadway Legend
I dont know, I am barely 5-10 and had MAJOR issues front row of the balcony, other balcony rows were fine though. Luckly I was on the aisle so just let my legs go sideways
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre
artscallion
Broadway Legend
It's not so important how tall you are. It's more relevant how long your legs are. Some people are tall but are all torso, some are all leg.
I'm 6' and slim with longer legs and have had trouble in several NYC theaters, particularly balconies. The worst in NYC was the Broadhurst. The worst of any theater was the Colonial in Boston. I had to leave 20 minutes into the show.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 1/27/14 at 10:08 AM
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
I can't speak for the New Amsterdam, but as a long legged 6'4" man I can safely say some theaters are HELL. I will likely never see a show at the longacre again due to how incredibly uncomfortable their orchestra seats are.
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
jemjeb2
Stand-by
I'm 6'4" and many theatres in NY are uncomortable. Even the orchestra seats at the St.James, for example, are way too close.