Joplin to close to make way for Jones's

GlindatheGood22
Broadway Legend
I'm so cynical. Do you think they'll just close it instead of bothering with a new theatre?
I leave the room smiling.
wdwfreak
Broadway Legend
They are probably trying to secure the theater at New World that Peter just closed at.
wdwfreak
Broadway Legend
They are probably trying to secure the theater at New World that Peter just closed at.
Kad
Broadway Legend
That's probably the case- they don't say they're aiming for another Broadway space. Just another space.
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
^ Exactly what I was thinking.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
RockStarNYC
Understudy
Stage I, where Peter...,played is already take by Heathers The Musical.
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
I'm sure they'll find another "concert" type venue. It must be doing fairly well to cause them to look elsewhere.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
Hmm, I have a Joplin ticket for March 9. Do they typically call and try and reschedule you, or just refund? If they're just going to refund me, I'd rebook it myself before it closes...
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
TheaterBoy7777
Broadway Star
Perhaps they will take The Little Shubert. Since the Shuberts own the Lyceum maybe they gave them a good deal to move elsewhere
**Broadway Marquee Photos** www.facebook.com/BroadwayFlasher
TheaterBoy7777
Broadway Star
Double post
**Broadway Marquee Photos** www.facebook.com/BroadwayFlasher
Updated On: 1/22/14 at 09:05 AM
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
That would make sense. I wonder if it would sell very good off-Broadway. Though it is smart to keep it running since it's bound to be nominated for a few Tonys.
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
i mean the run costs cant be that high to start, moving off broadway with off broadway contracts will make it even more affordable to run