Bridges of Madison County Rush

lanecwilliamson
Swing
Posted: 1/15/14 at 09:57pm
Has anyone heard anything about a Bridges of Madison County rush policy?
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/16/14 at 06:28am
This OFTEN is not released until just before previews begin. And almost never before the physical box office opens. (Has that happened yet?)
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
theatregeek6
Leading Actor
Posted: 1/16/14 at 07:47am
Am I the only one who just doesn;t care at all about this production? I love O'Hara - but I am just having so much trouble gathering any interest in the property.
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/16/14 at 08:33am
I'm excited but wary. I'm in love with the book, so I'm a bit interested to see what they are going to do with the daughter and son characters.
lanecwilliamson
Swing
Posted: 1/16/14 at 02:03pm
Previews start tomorrow and the box office has been open for over a month.
afaye11
Stand-by
Posted: 2/7/14 at 03:30pm
Does anybody happen to know where the rush seats are located? Thanks!
bwayalltheway
Chorus Member
Posted: 2/7/14 at 05:55pm
When I rushed last saturday (at around 12:30), I got placed in the house left box closest to the stage. I had a fine view, only missing whatever was in the back stage right, but none of the main action. I'd imagine they'd be even better if you got there earlier.
BwayGeek2
Stand-by
Posted: 2/7/14 at 06:12pm
Both times I rushed my tickets were extreme sides (marked obstructed view) rows H and J, but I had no problem seeing the show. There may have been about three minutes total that I had to strain to see anything.

Updated On: 2/7/14 at 06:12 PM
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/7/14 at 07:04pm
I got there last Saturday at 8:30am, and got front row center seats.
mamaleh
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/7/14 at 08:59pm
Just curious--how many people were ahead of you in the rush line?
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/8/14 at 12:24am
Two, but they wanted matinee tickets. I was the first to ask for evening tickets.
mamaleh
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/8/14 at 09:22am
Ah, thanks. When I rushed it, I was first on line but got extreme left side orchestra for the matinee. I was told better seats were available for the evening. Makes sense.
dshnookie
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/12/14 at 03:29pm
Hi all -

In the rush policy listed on Playbill.com, it states that rush tickets are distributed when the box office opens and that after 5pm there may be additional rush tickets.

Does anyone know if better seats are distributed at 10am or after 5pm? Presumably, I would think that after 5pm tickets may be better if they're tickets that havent sold. I do understand that it just may be a crapshoot.

Has anyone tried rushing after 5pm and gotten good seats? Also, what would be a safe time to line up if I decide to go the morning route? I'd like to do this for Friday's show, which is just after the snow storm that's going to hit so I'm hoping it wouldnt be as busy as a non-snow day.

Many thanks in advance.
dshnookie
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/13/14 at 03:21pm
bump
BwayFan832
Understudy
Posted: 2/18/14 at 04:13pm
Does anyone know how the rush seats have been lately? Have the first people in line been getting front row seats?
Blockhead24
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/18/14 at 05:42pm
I did it yesterday. Got there a little before 9 and got front row center-ish seats.
*formerly obsessedjb*

"Make up your mind you want clarity, take what you know and then make it make sense"-N2N
broadwaybaby3
Swing
Posted: 2/18/14 at 08:31pm
I went today a few minutes after 5pm and they didn't have any tickets left. They were on TKTS, though. A friend went at 6:30 to see if anything had changed, but it hadn't.

The box office staff were really nice and did let me know they won't have rush tickets for the Wednesday evening show, but should have a few for opening night.
center
Understudy
Posted: 2/19/14 at 09:47am
Thanks for the opening night rush tip! That would be such a treat.

ETA: Does anyone know what time curtain is on opening night? One of the ticket re-sale places said 8:00, but I thought that was unlikely and am trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to get there early enough.
Updated On: 2/19/14 at 09:47 AM
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/19/14 at 12:25pm
It's at 8pm, there are still lots of mezzanine seats left. Have a great time!
Four Simple Rules for Attending the Theater 1. This is a nice night out. Dress accordingly. Like, no sweatpants. 2. When you enter the theater, turn off your phone. All issues with phones will be avoided this way, & you won't be verbally accosted by the cast, crew, & other patrons. 3. I did not pay dollas to hear you talk or sing. I paid dollas to see & hear gorgeous men like Norm Lewis, Ramin Karimloo & Joshua Henry. 4. Unless you have medical issues, don't eat. The wrappers are loud, & your disgusting munching is even louder. You aren't at the movies or a barn dance, baby.
center
Understudy
Posted: 2/19/14 at 05:47pm
Oh that's great, thanks!
BwayFan832
Understudy
Posted: 2/19/14 at 06:01pm
Although all of the press for the show has said that opening night is tomorrow, Feb. 20, it appears from Twitter that it's actually tonight. Many people involved with the show have tweeted this, as have other Broadway actors who will be attending. It doesn't make much sense, but I wanted to post so that no one buys a ticket thinking it's opening night.
Blockhead24
Broadway Legend
Posted: 2/19/14 at 07:24pm
Official opening is tomorrow but they are having the party tonight.
*formerly obsessedjb*

"Make up your mind you want clarity, take what you know and then make it make sense"-N2N
center
Understudy
Posted: 2/19/14 at 09:31pm
This probably belongs over in the preview thread, but since it speaks to the last couple of posts here, I thought I'd stay consistent. Is it me, or is this "opening night but not really" thing bizarre? It's all over twitter, there seem to be a lot of relatively big names there, there's an invite-only performance and then an after-party whose tickets (someone tweeted an image) say opening night party - but it's not opening night? Is there even any reason for me to make a special effort to go to opening night tomorrow? Of course, I would love to see the show again for its own sake, but it's not the best timing for me if it's not going to actually be a unique experience. Or does this happen all the time and I just haven't happened to encounter it yet?
AntV
Featured Actor
Posted: 2/19/14 at 10:29pm
Hmm that is odd indeed. Possibly a new trend they are trying to start? It's like splitting the opening night into two separate events. One an invite only performance with celebrities and press and the other one the next day that they advertise as opening night to boost ticket sales to the public, though there likely won't be any celebrities or press present, just extended opening night bows I'm guessing. It also helps keep the spirits high at the opening night party since there won't be any review anxiety.
Hairspray0901
Stand-by
Posted: 2/22/14 at 09:08am
In case anyone's interested...
Yesterday I went to the box office at about 3:30 (not knowing about the 5:00pm thing) and they said tickets from the morning were gone but to come back at 5:00pm when they released a new set. I couldn't make it back until about 6:30 and when I went to the box office, she offered me D16 and mentioned it was partial view. I didn't purchase the ticket because I was afraid it would be too obstructed. She also mentioned all the rush seats they had available were on the sides that day.
theminutepast
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/22/14 at 09:17am
I sat in E16 on the far right. I only missed the end of the staircase. I didn't miss any dialogue or scenes.

Page: