Terrible PR Pix from theater throughout the States

Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
Oh public relations....I thought you meant Puerto Rico.

My bad!
artscallion
Broadway Legend
I have two things to say about that.

- Sometimes you can spot a bad actor just by looking at a still picture.

- It's good to see Joan Collins working again.
[IMG]

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 1/14/14 at 02:28 PM
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend

It's the boogie woogie tumor girl from Company B.

"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Some of these shots are waaaay too close for comfort (AKA-the actors weren't ready for their close-ups).
newintown
Broadway Legend
I do love that Mike Daisy and Jackie Hoffman are buried in there...
E.Davis
Broadway Legend
Or the fact that the most recent Evita cast is in there.
"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
There's definitely a range of how terrible these pictures are. That picture of Jackie Hoffman is intentionally ridiculous; those community theater Boeing-Boeing promo shots are not.
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
best12bars
Broadway Legend
I like the ones that go on location to add a sense of "realness" to the shot, then have these cartoon actors in cartoon costumes to go completely against it. I'm not sure what point they're making.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
I know a couple of those folks...
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
It's fun trying to guess what the hell some of these shows are.
SonofRobbieJ
Broadway Legend
^ THIS!

It's actually killing me that there isn't a key or legend that tells us definitively what show these are.
dreaming
Broadway Legend
I'm ashamed to admit I don't know what some of these are. (Maybe, given the quality of the photography, or lack thereof, I shouldn't be all too ashamed.)
James885
Broadway Legend

Get a load of that Flounder costume!

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
RagzJr
Swing
HA! One of those pics features an actor who was my understudy in San Francisco at Beach Blanket Babylon. Love seeing his adorable little face... even if it is in such an unfortunate photo album...
tazber
Broadway Legend
Those Little Mermaid costumes are better than the original.

And wow, Peter Pan is done a LOT.

Otherwise, I was able to guess about 40%. There is one I thought was Grease, but then I noticed the cups say "Al's" so I'm going with Happy Days.
....but the world goes 'round
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
I liked the Little Mermaid photo.

There seem to be a lot of people rolling their eyes or snarling at a pregnant woman. What's that?
SonofRobbieJ
Broadway Legend
Wait...which one's the pregnant woman?

I actually don't hate the LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA one.
tazber
Broadway Legend
It's Inside (Ŕ l'intérieur) - The Musical!

And I also like the Piazza photo.
Updated On: 1/14/14 at 04:14 PM
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
"I actually don't hate the LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA one."

I could be wrong in the reasoning behind this one, but I think it was posted because part of the statue makes it look like David is excited. And the positioning of it looks quite suggestive.
"I'm fine, and my hips are fine. My false knee is fine. My false hips are fine. Everything's cooking." -Liza
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend

There are a couple others with possibly pregnant women, but I'm not sure.

tazber
Broadway Legend
The one with the two couples is Clybourne Park.

The second one is The Last Seder.
Updated On: 1/14/14 at 04:29 PM
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
Oh, God. I know the young African-American woman in that first picture you posted, Reg. The age difference there is 30 years. I know it doesn't look it but he is way too old for her...
"I'm fine, and my hips are fine. My false knee is fine. My false hips are fine. Everything's cooking." -Liza
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
Well done!
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend

I'm just happy to see the Snow Miser is still getting work.

Page: