THE GLASS MENAGERIE recoups

jnb9872
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/7/14 at 05:54pm
Congrats to all involved at the Booth! An excellent achievement for an astonishingly beautiful and inspired revival.
NYT: Broadway's 'Glass Menagerie' Recoups Investment
Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/7/14 at 05:56pm
Congratulations are indeed in order! I absolutely loved everything about this production.

CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/7/14 at 05:56pm
Congratulations are indeed in order! I absolutely loved everything about this production.

South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/7/14 at 06:05pm
It is an absolutely perfect night at the Theatre. The cast is unsurpassed. Congrats!!!!
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
henrikegerman
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/7/14 at 06:31pm
Agreed, a very fine production. Congrats!
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/7/14 at 06:47pm
I wanna see this so bad…
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/7/14 at 06:58pm
Such a gorgeous production, everything about it worked. Couldn't be happier for everyone involved, they certainly deserved this level of success. Next stop, the Tony Awards.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
indytallguy
Featured Actor
Posted: 1/7/14 at 10:28pm
Jordan: What's keeping you from seeing it? It really is not to be missed.
Stage Door Sally
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/8/14 at 09:04am
Cherry Jones was the definitive Amanda. Best I've seen.
Someone in a Tree2
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/8/14 at 01:11pm
We finally caught this show 2 weeks ago-- a beautiful production that should inoculate New York against any other Menagerie revivals for at least a year or two. We loved the abstract choreography woven through every character's movements. We loved the magical feats of staging. Cherry Jones was precisely was we'd expect her to be, but for us the real standout was Zachary Quinto-- mesmerizing and heartbreaking and fully worth the price of admission right there.

Believe it or not, I did have quibbles with the set though. Peering into the dead black for 2 1/2 hours to watch faces was a real strain, frankly, and from our seats in the rear orchestra the famous black ooze was nearly invisible but for that dopey neon moon reflection-- so much hew and cry over so little. I want my memories bathed in a little more visual richness, thank you, though I will admit that my husband adored the set just as it was. Guess his memories are much much blacker than mine.

Updated On: 1/9/14 at 01:11 PM
theaterfan862
Featured Actor
Posted: 1/8/14 at 01:22pm
Congrats to everyone involved with this gorgeous production! It is so nice to see shows recoup and find an audience. I can't wait to go see this show again on Jan 26th!

Updated On: 1/8/14 at 01:22 PM
saulssweetie
Chorus Member
Posted: 1/8/14 at 10:16pm
I saw this tonight and thought it was beautiful. Williams has never been done better. The cast were all quite wonderful.

I went to the stage door after, but only Mr. Smith came out. Should I try again or is this the usual?
cknick
Stand-by
Posted: 1/8/14 at 11:43pm
saulssweetie, I saw the show Tuesday night and only Zach and Brian came out. I'm going to write Cherry Jones a letter, and maybe even Celia Keenan-Bolger as well. I was so moved by the show and want to have the opportunity to express my appreciation for their work.

This was an incredible experience for me. The play has been one of my favorites for a long time, but I have never been so touched by it.
jemjeb2
Stand-by
Posted: 1/9/14 at 01:06am
I won't be able to see it , but sure would love to. Is there any discussion of preserving this revival on film? It would seem ideal for PBS or HBO.
Stage Door Sally
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/9/14 at 09:36am
We went on a Saturday with two performances and only Mr. Smith came out then too. And he was so nice. He signed everyone's playbill and posed with anyone who wanted pictures.
cknick
Stand-by
Posted: 1/9/14 at 10:34am
I would love if this is taped for DVD. I think it's such a unique example of how we can rediscovering a classic through a revival. Would love to have this preserved to enjoy for many years.

Then again, the play IS memory...

Barbra Streisand
12 DAYS OF BARBRA
COUNTDOWN TO PARTNERS
CLICK HERE...