Fan Mail for Touring and Broadway Shows

Broadwaygirl202
Chorus Member
I have sent fan mail to shows on Broadway and had some successes but I was wondering if anyone has had success when sending to a touring production. Also, which current shows on Broadway have you had successes with when sending fan mail?
Morticia Addams
Swing
I've had a lot of success in sending fanmail to touring productions. Both times, I got the programs back signed, in less than a week. Regarding current shows on Broadway, I've had success with Wicked.
"I found the theatre and I found my home" "I will pray for your soul,' promised Nessarose. 'I will wait for your shoes,' Elphie answered.
Broadwaygirl202
Chorus Member
What cities did you send fan mail to and did you just address it to the stage manager at the theater? I have had sucesses with Cinderella, Wicked, and the Book of Mormon on Broadway by sending it to the stage manager.
Morticia Addams
Swing
I sent both to Providence, RI. I just addressed it to the actress [in my cases, Caroline Bowman and then Gina Beck] and then wrote c/o and then the theatre name and address.
"I found the theatre and I found my home" "I will pray for your soul,' promised Nessarose. 'I will wait for your shoes,' Elphie answered.
Broadwaygirl202
Chorus Member
Ok thanks. I will try that.
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
Timing also plays a part in the success rate, because it all depends on how fast it gets to the theatre and how fast that said theatre sorts the mail and delivers it.
Darreyl with an L!
gleek4114
Broadway Star
I have never done a touring show but I had success with Stephanie J. Block at Little Miss Sunshine. I find it helps if you tweet the actor or actress first to get specific info.

Updated On: 1/6/14 at 01:34 AM
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
I would also recommend putting the name of the show in the address when sending it to a touring venue. You never know who will be receiving and sorting out mail for distribution and anything you can do to eliminate guess work on their part will probably increase your odds of it being delivered to that person on time.
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
h6p8gv
Understudy
I personally did this ounce as the standby went on for the role of Tracy when Hairspray came to my town and I was so wowed with her I wote her a letter asking for an autograph I think I got it back withen two and a half weeks with the playbill signed and a very sweet note as well