CAMP DAVID at Arena Stage?

kade.ivy
Understudy
Posted: 12/22/13 at 01:52pm
Hi all! My family is considering a trip to DC and, obviously, one of the first things I thought about was the theater. There isn't a play at the Kennedy Center on the days we're going. Ford's Theatre has SPELLING BEE. There is a world premiere play at Arena Stage called CAMP DAVID about Jimmy Carter's attempts at peace in the Middle East. Have any of you folks heard anything good, bad, or otherwise about this play? Any casting rumors? Thanks in advance!

P.S. - Will there be a show curtain? Will the cast stage door? Will the full cast be at the matinees? Any possible extensions? Broadway transfer? Any more annoying questions?

Updated On: 12/22/13 at 01:52 PM
brotherhoodofman
Chorus Member
Posted: 12/23/13 at 03:05pm
Hi Kade, no real gossip yet on this production -- Arena usually announces its casts a couple months out, so you should expect to see something in the new year. This isn't one of the bigger productions Arena's been promoting heavily -- not like Kathleen Turner in "Mother Courage."

The way the main stage is set up, there's never been a show curtain. That's not to say they couldn't use one for this one, but it's not standard for Arena. I'm assuming full cast will be at matinees; never seen anything different in the matinees I've attended. Stage door really isn't done much at Arena. As for extensions, probably not, unless it sells like gangbusters like Oklahoma and One Night with Janis Joplin did. I can't remember a single play extending in the 6+ years I've been to Arena.
kade.ivy
Understudy
Posted: 12/23/13 at 04:21pm
Thanks so much! My last questions were sarcastic, but thanks for answering! LOL. This play seems to have a lot of potential: maybe it will have a good cast. Thanks again!