Holiday Week Rush?

theminutepast
Broadway Star
Holiday Week Rush?
Posted: 12/21/13 at 12:01am
I know I'm not the only one thinking of rushing now that I have some days off. Has anyone ever rushed on Christmas Day before? Or even the day after Christmas? I see that some shows are doing the usual Wednesday matinee/evening performances on Thursday instead. I'm trying to understand what my expectations should be and appreciate anyone who shares their experience doing this.
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Holiday Week Rush?
Posted: 12/21/13 at 08:08am
Below is the altered schedule for the week.

Christmas day is rather quite (although the shows running will likely be full), but the day after is PACKED. and will remain so through Jan 5th. Then it will drop off for the winter.
Christmas Week
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
theminutepast
Broadway Star
Holiday Week Rush?
Posted: 12/21/13 at 10:27am
Would Monday be the optimal rush day then?

I checked tickets for Pippin on Telecharge and Monday and Wednesday's shows still have 40+ tickets available. Doesn't Pippin sell whatever's left for rush? Seems like it would be good to rush on Monday or Wednesday, obviously still getting there plenty early.
Updated On: 12/21/13 at 10:27 AM