Primary Stages

PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
ok so just to get this out of the way, not to broadway.

However Primary Stages fantastic production of The Model Apartment will be remounted in April/May at either The Public or Signature Theatre
broadwaybelter
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/16/13 at 12:44pm
I hope this is true.
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/16/13 at 01:02pm
Why not Broadway? Too small or lack of theater?
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/16/13 at 01:04pm
Not having seen it, I'm not sure about the size issue, but I'm guessing "The Realistic Joneses" has the Cort. There is a dearth of theaters, I'd imagine. (However, as these are both subscriber houses which book their shows in advance typically, I'm wondering how it will move into one this late in the season.)
After Eight
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/16/13 at 03:49pm
It was repugnant, repellent and full of holes as well.

The audience absolutely HATED it. They were grimacing and shaking their heads in disgust when it ended.

Of course that was before the -- suprise, surprise -- raves from Brantley et al.
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/16/13 at 04:34pm
^ please, die. Just die and leave us all alone. You ARE terrible.

Updated On: 12/16/13 at 04:34 PM
After Eight
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/16/13 at 05:12pm
^

To wish death upon someone is terrible. As is your grammar.

Have a happy holiday season.
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/16/13 at 09:22pm
It was searing and incredible. A transfer to a Broadway stage would lessen the claustrophobia of the thing. I certainly hope more people get out to see this, it really was one of the best things I saw all season.
"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry
daredevil
Stand-by
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/17/13 at 12:36pm
I read the play many years ago, and really liked it. It's powerful and uncompromising, sort of the inverse of Margolis' Dinner With Friends. When (and if) it transfers, I really want to see it. An off Broadway venue is I think, more suitable for this kind of play. Even in a small Broadway theater, the play might get lost, it does not come with a star, and it has an ugly side to it that might make "Broadway" audiencex uncomfortable. The audiences that now attend the Public, Playwrights Horizons, Signature, et.al would be much more receptive to it.
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/17/13 at 12:45pm

After Eight attributing his personal opinion to the entire audience for every show he sees might LITERALLY be my favorite thing that happens with regularity on this board.
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
A Director
Broadway Star
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/17/13 at 01:09pm
After Eight,

Why do you keep going to the theatre? You long for the old days. You hate everything. Save your money and stay home.
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/17/13 at 01:12pm

A Director, he answers this question about once a week.
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/18/13 at 10:16am
The audience absolutely HATED it. They were grimacing and shaking their heads in disgust when it ended.

I imagine I speak for EVERY OTHER person in that theater when I say speak for yourself. How in the hell would you know what the entire rest of the audience thought of the production? I can't even imagine how quickly and vigorously you'd jump down someone else's throat if they posted that statement, or something similar. You are the worst kind of troll there is.

Current Avatar: Tony-winner Idina Menzel, delivering a sucker-punch of an 11:00 number, "Always Starting Over," in IF/THEN.
Updated On: 12/18/13 at 10:16 AM
broadwaybelter
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 12/18/13 at 01:17pm
Back to the topic at hand: Does anyone know anything furthered regarding this transfer?
broadwaybelter
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 2/9/14 at 04:43pm
Bump. Any news?
broadwaybelter
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 3/12/14 at 03:32pm
I suppose there is no merit to this claim....
darquegk
Broadway Legend
Primary Stages
Posted: 3/12/14 at 03:42pm
This week on Saturday Night Live, 1850's critic After Eight reviews every movie ever made! And big surprise, he HATED THEM ALL!

(Except the Lego Movie.)