Apple Family Plays to be Filmed for PBS

cknick
Understudy
Posted: 12/11/13 at 10:29am
Very cool! I don't know these plays, but I would love to see them. I'll have to keep an eye out if it broadcasts in Cleveland.
James2
Broadway Star
Posted: 12/11/13 at 10:54am
Fantastic! "Sweet and Sad" was one of the loveliest things I've seen in ages, and I'm not able to see the other three. I just hope it'll get a DVD release as well. (Probably more likely than other things since it's not a Live From Lincoln Center thing.)
My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/11/13 at 10:58am
"I just hope it'll get a DVD release as well."

We all hope for that but I doubt it will. When they release it to DVD, there is the issue of royalties and it becomes very complicated because everyone wants their piece of the profit pie.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
iluvtheatertrash
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/11/13 at 10:59am
Really looking forward to this! I've just signed up for a chance to see the tapings live, but if I don't get picked, I'll be thrilled that I finally get to see them. Haven't been able to get down there. I am a huge fan of Laila Robins'!
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/11/13 at 11:11am

Now I'm even gladder to be seeing the marathon this weekend (but double gladder they're not filming till the weekend after).

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
macnyc
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/11/13 at 07:09pm
iluvtheatertrash, I hope you got picked!
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/11/13 at 09:13pm
This is great news. I wanted to see them all but time, and money, did not allow me to.
Just give the world Love.