Glass Menagarie Orch $42 Seats (Extreme Sides)-how are they?

Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
How are the extreme sides of the front orchestra for Glass Menagerie? They are selling for $42, so I assumed they must be really bad. Any info appreciated.
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
Blockhead24
Broadway Legend
*formerly obsessedjb*

"Make up your mind you want clarity, take what you know and then make it make sense"-N2N
Updated On: 12/2/13 at 09:00 PM
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
GlindatheGood22
Broadway Legend
My friend and I did this this week. As it happened I was extreme house left and she was extreme house right. At intermission we texted to ask what happened in the blind spots. I missed a few of Tom's movements at the dinner table, but she said she couldn't see anything past the victrola, which meant she missed all the fire escape scenes. I would say if you're going to do it definitely go house left.
I leave the room smiling.
VotePeron
Featured Actor
The general consensus is to sit House right, contrary to what Glinda said. With House Left, if you sit too close you have the possibility of missing the entire dinner table section of the stage. The fire escape scenes in total are about 5 minutes, and the dinner table scenes are much longer.

Go with house right!!!!

PS - I am speaking from experience.
Updated On: 12/2/13 at 10:11 PM
VotePeron
Featured Actor
Edit- double post. sorry.
Updated On: 12/2/13 at 10:11 PM
FishermanBob
Broadway Star
Would agree with house right but try to get the second seat in rather than the end. It makes a BIG difference.
kyl3fong2
Broadway Star
I sat House right as well and agree with everyone else. You only miss about 5 minutes of the show.
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
On house right, what's considered partial view goes back as far as L 16; I can't imagine that's actually that bad of a seat.
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad