Can theaters scan your ticket off of your smartphone?

bstoll1
Stand-by
I may be going into the city last minute without having purchased tickets in advance to a broadway show. I noticed on stub hub when they still have tickets to a pending show that will begin within a few hours the prices sometimes drastically drop.

For instance, if I'm able to purchase a $150 ticket for $75 one hour before showtime on stub hub (that is an instant download), can I get into the theatre by the ushers scanning the ticket on my phone? The odds of finding a place to print the tickets would be slim with only an hour before showtime. Thank you to all those who respond.
LiveLoud22
Chorus Member
Nope. Wish they could scan tix from an iPhone - would make everyone's life easier. Bought tickets from Telecharge a few weeks ago, and they wrote in the confirmation email, "tickets must be printed, images from smartphones cannot be read." I assume the barcodes are the same no matter the vendor (Stubhub, Telecharge) so your best bet is to have printed tickets.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
Can pop into the Fedex store and quickly log in and print it there?

Theater District FedEx store
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
Another option is that the StubHub pickup office might let you print one off?
StubHub NYC
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
winston89
Broadway Legend
If you're buying the tickets off of Stubhub, then you can go there to print out Etickes only if you bought it from their site. Otherwise, no, theatre's can't scan off your phone.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
No. However, if you have your email confirmation or the emailed tickets on your phone, the box office can print them out for you.
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
bstoll1
Stand-by
Good idea about the fedex store.
ARTc3
Broadway Star
Even better idea is for the Broadway theaters to change over from their current scanners (print only) to both print and mobile devices. I remember when I first got my iPhone (years ago) there was an app that stored reward cards, but few stores could scan them. Now, its commonplace.
ARTc3 formerly ARTc. Actually been a poster since 2004. My name isn't Art. Drop the "3" and say the signature and you'll understand.
tobiasragg
Broadway Legend
The box offices will print your tickets if you have an order confirmation, you can say you lost them (if you're in a pinch) and they'll be able to print them for you.
"Bring down my things. I'm going out of this world exactly the way I came in to it: wearing a hat." - Colleen Donaghy, "30 Rock" -- "The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not."
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
bstoll,

I tried to PM you back, but you do not accept PMs. I work in a box office, and as long as you have a confirmation, reprinting tickets is not a problem. Just make sure you give yourself at least ten minutes before curtain in case there is a line.
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "