Comscore

A TIME TO KILL to Close on Broadway on November 17

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
Broadway Legend
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
They must have next to nothing in terms of advance sales.

A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
Updated On: 11/6/13 at 03:09 PM
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
I saw this last night and really enjoyed it. Plus, seeing Tom Skerritt in person was a dream come true. He's just such an extraordinary actor.
jeffmiele Profile Photo
jeffmiele
Broadway Star
Will the Golden become ALL THE WAY'S home?

Updated On: 11/6/13 at 03:20 PM
MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
Broadway Star
^Or perhaps 'Honeymoon in Vegas' or 'Fun Home'?
iluvtheatertrash Profile Photo
iluvtheatertrash
Broadway Legend
I really enjoyed it too. I think a lot of people who know the movie well (I don't) will wonder what the point is. But as a newbie to the material, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought Arcelus was wonderful, and really enjoyed the design and staging.
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
HoundDoggydog
Swing
My money is on Fun Home.
jaxandmci Profile Photo
jaxandmci
Stand-by
Sorry to hear this. It was nice to finally see a play on Broadway that kept my attention (despite the fact I had read the book and seen the movie). I hope we see Tom Skerritt back again soon.
MKunkel Profile Photo
MKunkel
Understudy
I suspect that "Of Mice and Men" will take the Golden now.
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Yeah, I didn't see the point of it but I still enjoyed myself.
Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
Broadway Star
Fun Home IS taking the Golden.
James2 Profile Photo
James2
Broadway Star
The Realistic Joneses is another possibility.
My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all
tobiasragg Profile Photo
tobiasragg
Broadway Legend
How is everyone so sure of this Fun Home transfer??
"Bring down my things. I'm going out of this world exactly the way I came in to it: wearing a hat." - Colleen Donaghy, "30 Rock" -- "The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not."
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
The Golden is way too small for Honeymoon in Vegas. If the rumors of Big Fish closing by the year's end, I'd suspect it'll go into the Simon.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
oasisjeff
Broadway Star
My heart goes out to all those poor actors who are now out of work.

(I don't really think that, but I never got to be the first person to roll that cliche out before in one of these threads...)
Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Outside chance for a transfer is Helen Mirren in The Audience that played the West End earlier this year to critical acclaim and was a massive box office smash, I mean Helen Mirren playing the Queen again, but this time on stage, would sell out a Broadway playhouse, plus when Ben Brantley was over in London he wrote virtually a love letter to Mirren.

2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
"Fun Home IS taking the Golden."

Ok?
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
Dessie
Understudy
What about Last Ship for the Golden?
WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
THE LAST SHIP isn't opening until next fall.
Current Avatar: Tony-winner Idina Menzel, delivering a sucker-punch of an 11:00 number, "Always Starting Over," in IF/THEN.
Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
Broadway Legend
Has there actually been talk of The Audience coming over, or is that just nonsense-talk from Phantom of Londond?

In any case, I'm sure it won't be going into the Golden after A Time to Kill Closes, so is it even relevant to this thread?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
I'm sure The Audience will come over, but let's be honest, it will be a big deal when it does, and won't just "happen" into a play house.

I'd imagine "Of Mice and Men" will take it.
GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
Broadway Legend
Fvck me. Guess I won't be getting to see Tonya.
I leave the room smiling.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
I imagine if The Audience was coming in the Spring, it would have already been announced. I'm guessing it won't arrive until late 2014 at the earliest.

I wonder when The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time will come over. I think that will be transferring in 2014 but when I dont know