Comscore

Lizzie concept album

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/8/13 at 04:30pm
Has anyone else heard the new "Lizzie" cast recording? I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm a big fan of the other musical version by Christopher McGovern which has a more traditional score and a brilliant performance from Alison Fraser on that cast album, but this one is pretty good too. The score seems reminiscent of some other pop/rock scores like Bare, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson and Spring Awakening, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It definitely has it's own punk flavor, but I do think the composer may have been inspired by other rock musicals. It's worth a listen. I'm curious to know what others think.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/8/13 at 04:37pm
I didn't realize Storm Large was on this. I'm gonna have to give it a listen.
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/8/13 at 04:38pm
I share your thoughts almost word for word CATSNY.

I was on the fence about getting but the samples sold me. I love it.

I think DECLarke reviewed it on here too.

ETA: here's the review

Link
....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 10/8/13 at 04:38 PM
themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/8/13 at 04:56pm

Iím excited to hear this and also very pleased to read that Christopher McGovernís mostly forgotten show has other fans. Iíve always thought that, with a little bit more work, it could have really been something very special.
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/10/13 at 02:12pm
I really love this album. The highlights for me are "Sweet Little Sister," "Will You Stay?" and "What the F*CK Now, Lizzie?"
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
lachri5
Swing
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/11/13 at 08:10am
I have a feeling that I might be in the minority. My two favorite songs (Gotta Get Outta Here and Somebody Will Do Something) were not even mentioned in the BWW review. Love If You Knew too. But the rest for me is just ok, not really impressive.
somethingbypuccini 2 Profile Photo
somethingbypuccini 2
Stand-by
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/11/13 at 12:16pm
I could barely make it through one listen. It's not my type of music at all, so it probably just wasn't my taste but I really didn't like the music.
Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/11/13 at 03:24pm
I listened to it and it was okay, but I wasn't really wowed. The only songs that really stood out for me were If You Knew, Will You Stay and Mercury Rising.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/20/13 at 05:19pm
"Gotta Get Out Of Here" and "Somebody Will Do SOmething" are both great songs. There's not a single song i dislike on the album. It was hard deciding which titles to include. My two favorites are "Shattercane and Velvet Grass" and "Thirteen Days in Taunton."

Seeing the show at TUTS Underground in Houston was incredible as well. Tour schedules and what not kept Storm Large and Ryah Nixon from being in it here. Regardless, what was put on that stage had me buying tickets for return trips!

I ADORE this show and its album!
TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Lizzie concept album
Posted: 10/20/13 at 08:16pm
Carrie Cimma is on this and she was fabulous in Sweeney Todd. Her voice wasn't much for the show, as Mrs. Lovett, but her acting was impeccable. This seems much more up her alley.
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell