Honeymoon in Vegas transfer?

aces25
Broadway Star
Posted: 10/8/13 at 12:13pm
With reviews good, any idea when it will transfer to B'Way?
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 12:21pm
No clue. However, this seems like a good season for this one. I don't know if they're waiting for a theater to open up. (Also, they might need to be sure they can retain the cast, if they're hoping to keep them.)

I am still puzzled as to why I cannot find a Times review.
Dessie
Understudy
Posted: 10/8/13 at 01:01pm
As possible precedent-nyt reviewed Newsies at Papermill on Tues after Sun opening-Rooney was reviewer

Also will JRB want to have two scores in competition in same season?
After Eight
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 01:01pm
It's second rate, if that. It doesn't belong on Broadway. Vegas, maybe, if anywhere.
LYLS3637
Featured Actor
Posted: 10/8/13 at 01:05pm
"It's second rate, if that. It doesn't belong on Broadway. Vegas, maybe, if anywhere."

Wow, After Eight-- That's practically an endorsement.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 01:40pm
I don't think having two scores in one season can be a consideration. Its timing is probably more dependent on whether or not they raise the capital and can snag a theater.

Alan Menken had 2 scores in one season the year before last.
....but the world goes 'round
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 01:51pm
As we all (have to) agree, no decent musicals have been written since 1983!

Why they even bother these days, who can say?
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 02:00pm
I know, right? The Tap Dance Kid was the last true Broadway musical.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 02:04pm
Marquis? Has "the Bodyguard" officially been announced? Or why not The Rodgers?
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 02:11pm
If/Then has the Rodgers after Romeo and Juliet closes.

I thought of the Marquis, which from all appearances could be a good fit, but I'm not sure if the producers of "The Bodyguard" have the theater on hold or something.
JayG
Chorus Member
Posted: 10/8/13 at 04:24pm
The Palace, I bet (If they even bring it in.)
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 05:16pm
Oh yeah, Palace. That'd be great for it. Has that "showy" quality.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 07:51pm
Ruined by moving uptown.

No shame being a hit off Broadway musicals.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** Rock City**
Emmaloucbway
Broadway Star
Posted: 10/8/13 at 09:05pm
I saw it at Paper Mill last weekend and really enjoyed it. I heard it is planning on a Broadway transfer; they just need a theatre. I bet many will be open come January.
mc1227
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/8/13 at 11:09pm
I can't imagine any show starring Tony Danza singing could make it to Broadway even with the wonderful Rob McClure in it.
"are you two going to renew your vows"? "Why, did they expire??"
candydog2
Featured Actor
Posted: 10/9/13 at 12:26pm
I quite liked the show when I saw it. It wasn't great, it wasn't normally something I'd choose to go and see, but it was fun if a little forgettable.

If it transfers though, please let Nancy Opel come with it! She was hilarious and truly the highlight of the show.
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Posted: 10/9/13 at 01:30pm
That's kind of how I feel about the show. No matter what they do with it, it'll never be a must-see. I just don't see it ever becoming a "hit" that will run for years. It's just not that unique.