Comscore

Pre-order Shrek the Musical on DVD/Blu-Ray; Due out October 15th

TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Black Friday Update: DVD is now $5.96 / Combo at $13.99

Amazon is now taking Pre-orders for SHREK THE MUSICAL on DVD and in a Blu-Ray/DVD + DigitalHD Package:

Blu-Ray + DVD + DigitalHD
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4XR7TG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00E4XR7TG&linkCode=as2&tag=broadcaptu-20

Streaming & Download:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0SWH9K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00E0SWH9K&linkCode=as2&tag=broadcaptu-20

“Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good.” ? Terrence Mann
Updated On: 12/1/13 at 02:37 PM
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Can I just not preorder it and go back to pretending I never had to sit through it in the first place?
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
I might have to get the blu-ray combo pack, but I think I'll just wait until people are selling it used for a dollar.
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Interesting Dreamworks has yet to release any official information / press release on this..
“Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good.” ? Terrence Mann
CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Could it be....just maybe...that they will be bringing in SHREK to the Marquis Theatre Nov-Jan?

The tour just ended 3 months ago, so the set and costumes are in storage.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Updated On: 7/25/13 at 11:14 PM
AEA AGMA SM Profile Photo
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
"The tour just ended 3 months ago, so the set and costumes are in storage."

Unless NETworks has already sold off the physical production (since they had taken over the tour when it went non-Equity). I'm not sure how long they bother to hang on to stuff once they no longer plan on sending a show back out.
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
^Sometimes they keep it. They rent out the sets and costumes for several of their past tours.
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Yep, instead of throwing the sets out, NETworks is renting them. Shrek is a hot property (as expected) among middle schools..
TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Would it have have killed them to use Brian's Shrek for the cover rather than the computer generated one?
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
Would it have have killed them to use Brian's Shrek for the cover rather than the computer generated one?

Yes, because when this hits the shelves in places like Longview, TX and Huntsville, TX's Wal-Mart more people will buy it because they recognize the cartoon character. They will pick it up without really looking into what the product is. They'll purchase on the impulse of familiarity.
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
I'm not sure if this is their final artwork, but if it is, the second Broadway artwork/touring artwork could have been much better. It looks half animated and is wonderful for recognition.

Updated On: 7/26/13 at 10:15 AM
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
double
Updated On: 7/26/13 at 10:18 AM
mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
Featured Actor
This is the theatre production? I'm taking my son to see it in the fall in our home city.
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Yes, it is the Broadway production as filmed October 2009 in front of live audience.
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Dreamworks now give official dates for release:
Streaming format (Netflix, Amazon,..) - September 17th
DVD / Blu-Ray - October 15th

Also a Behind the Scences feature is to be included on both formats.
mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
Featured Actor
Sounds really cool. We're not going until October, so if my son likes it, will definitely pick up the DVD.
TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Yes, because when this hits the shelves in places like Longview, TX and Huntsville, TX's Wal-Mart more people will buy it because they recognize the cartoon character. They will pick it up without really looking into what the product is. They'll purchase on the impulse of familiarity.

It says Shrek is big bold letters. It's not even like Shrek on stage wore different clothes.

If they couldn't figure out Shrek from the title & this

Then they've got some bigger issues.
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
The whole cast had a special photoshoot day for the DVD back in 2009, so I'd be surprised if that's their final artwork.

Updated On: 7/28/13 at 06:54 AM
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
For the artwork, I think it'd look sleeker and nicer if they used a variation of the artwork on the cast album.

KirbyCat Profile Photo
KirbyCat
Broadway Legend

I wouldn't complain if they used the artwork on the cast recording, but only if they fix the godawful photoshop job on Donkey's leg. Look at it when it's not covered by the logo:

Updated On: 7/29/13 at 01:33 PM
TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
Broadway Star
^ Ha! I never noticed that.

I honestly would like new artwork for it. IMO, they all look plastic on that one. Especially Farqaaud.
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Looks like there's a trailer for the DVD on the new "Riders of Berk" DVD set that was released earlier this month:

Special Features:
* Shrek — “I’m a Believer” music video; trailer for Shrek The Musical on Blu-ray & DVD

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ8792Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CQ8792Q&linkCode=as2&tag=broadcaptu-20
darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
It looks like Donkey has his leg raised and somewhat bent.
Darreyl with an L!
DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
TheatreFan4, I agree. However, I invite you to visit sub-suburban America and rural America. You'll be shocked.
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Dreamworks&Fox presented the DVD release at the BlogHer 2013 conference, and it looks like this is the final artwork. The Blu Ray package comes with a little program book and stickers (the Blu-Ray pack itself is different with the characters present).

Updated On: 7/30/13 at 03:37 PM
TaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star

Page:

Advertisement