Play Suggestions

Mike Barrett
Broadway Star
Play Suggestions
Posted: 7/1/13 at 05:00pm
So I'll be in the city Friday and I'm there until Wednesday and I already have tickets to 2 musicals. I always try to get a play in and I've already seen, Lucky Guy, Vanya and Sonia, and Trip to Bountiful. I would only see Vanya again but I'd prefer to see something new. If anyone has any thoughts that would be great. I'm open to pretty much anything, a Trip to Bountiful I found a little dull but Cicely Tyson kept me interested. Any suggestions would be great!
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Play Suggestions
Posted: 7/1/13 at 05:59pm
I saw "Peter And The Starcatcher" Off-Broadway in May and enjoyed it.
mpd4165
Stand-by
Play Suggestions
Posted: 7/1/13 at 06:11pm
I'd second Peter.
ethan231h
Broadway Star
Play Suggestions
Posted: 7/1/13 at 06:14pm
Peter and the Star catcher had an amazing design, but the story was really boring and hard to follow along with! I would recommend something else!!
broadwaydevil
Broadway Legend
Play Suggestions
Posted: 7/1/13 at 06:21pm
I loved The Assembled Parties, it was easily my second favorite new play of the season after Vanya, but I know many disagree with me on this one. I thought it was funny and heartwarming, and Jessica Hecht and Judith Light are phenomenal. Tickets aren't too hard and to come by and are quite inexpensive since it's MTC.

I really disliked The Nance, but many have liked it, so that's probably an option as well, especially if you're a Nathan Lane fan.

I thought Macbeth with Alan Cumming was exciting and impressive, but it's far from a must see.

Off-Broadway, I know it's not a play, but look into Murder Ballad. I loved it and it's closing in a few weeks.

ETA: If you haven't seen Peter and the Starcatcher, that would definitely be my top choice!
Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.
Updated On: 7/1/13 at 06:21 PM
Mike Barrett
Broadway Star
Play Suggestions
Posted: 7/1/13 at 06:52pm
I saw Peter and the Starcatcher 2 times last year while it was on Broadway. I loved it. Probably wouldn't see it a 3rd time though. And actually one of the 2 musicals I have tickets for is Murder Ballad. I'm so excited for it. The assembled parties looks interesting. Probably my top choice now. A lot of plays closed last week so my options are smaller I guess. Thanks for the suggestions so far and any more would be great!