Comscore

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/30/13

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
Broadway Legend
Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/30/2013 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: ANN (16.4%), CINDERELLA (6.0%), MAMMA MIA! (5.3%), CHICAGO (4.2%), LUCKY GUY (3.9%), WICKED (3.6%), I'LL EAT YOU LAST: A CHAT WITH SUE MENGERS (1.6%), ANNIE (1.6%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1.4%), ONCE (1.1%), MACBETH (0.9%), THE ASSEMBLED PARTIES (0.2%), NEWSIES (0.1%),

Down for the week by attendance was: THE NANCE (-4.4%), ROCK OF AGES (-2.8%), VANYA AND SONIA AND MASHA AND SPIKE (-2.7%), JERSEY BOYS (-0.8%), PIPPIN (-0.5%), THE TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL (-0.5%), SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK (-0.3%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Glad to see so many shows do so well, especially the "million dollar" shows! lol.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Another excellent week for the summer season.
theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
Featured Actor
Wow 12 shows made over a million last week!!
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Hello summertime!
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
KathyNYC2
Broadway Legend
OK..I would like to think I am reasonably good at math. Could someone explain how Bette Midler's show (for example) went down $80,000 from last week to this week..but then in percentage, it went up 1.6%.

Does that just mean they sold more - but cheaper - tickets?

Congrats to all the million dollar shows for doing so great! Quite impressive.
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Since it was closing week, it's more likely that there were a good number of comps...which would bring down the average ticket price.

Usually you can click on the title and look at the history, but it's not working for that show right now.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
KathyNYC2
Broadway Legend
^^That makes sense.

Good to know about clicking on the title to get more details. I hadn't realized that. Thanks for the info.
 Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
Broadway Star
Wow for Kinky Boots and other million dollar club shows, and Cinderella is one other example of a show that don't need no Tonys (except for costumes) to have high grosses. Plus it beat Matilda? Dang!

Rodgers and Hammerstein were more needed on Broadway than I thought. :)
AEA AGMA SM Profile Photo
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
"Plus it beat Matilda? Dang!"

Well, it is in a bigger theater than Matilda, so it's not that big of a shock that it was able to make more in what was a very well attended week all around.
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
And it is summer and Spiderman continues to decline... again not making it's rumored nut.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
averagebwaynut Profile Photo
averagebwaynut
Leading Actor
KathyNYC2 -- the answer is actually simpler than what DramaMama suggests (though that could also be true). The show played 8 performances in the prior week and only 7 performances in its final week.
"No matter how much you want the part, never let 'em see you sweat." -- Old Dry Idea commercial
KathyNYC2
Broadway Legend
OH Duh. I didn't realize that. DramaMama's answer could also be correct of course - certainly with other titles, if not this one.

Thanks again both of you for the explanations.
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
I didn't realize that, either -- an excellent point.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.