Comscore

Cinderella National Tour

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
Leading Actor
I'm excited that this production will be shared threw out the country!
ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
Broadway Legend
"Cinderella" National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 12:55pm
Don't hold your breath dear, this is just a classic move out of the "TONY Campaigning 101" handbook. They do it to appeal to road voters.
jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
Leading Actor
Thats a smart idea lol
 Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
Broadway Star
It's nice that this show is touring soon, the whole country needs more Rodgers and Hammerstein dispite what everybody is saying about Douglas Carter Beane's book.
SamIAm2
Featured Actor
They'd be foolish not to do a tour. Yeah, the timing of the announcement is strategic, but I'm sure that the tour is the real deal.
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Don't hold your breath dear, this is just a classic move out of the "TONY Campaigning 101" handbook. They do it to appeal to road voters.

I am almost positive that this is one show that actually WILL tour.
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
JohnyBroadway Profile Photo
JohnyBroadway
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 03:48pm
Isn't Center Theatre Group in LA a producer? Wouldn't it kick off there?
dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 03:58pm
This show should tour pretty well. It's family friendly and will do nicely.
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 04:05pm
^It will definitely sell well because of the title, but I can't imagine the parents being too thrilled when they arrive at the theatre and find out that the show is 2 and half hours. The last tour was only an hour and a half tops.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 04:08pm
Some recent successful tours of family shows have been two and a half hours... (Beauty and the Beast and Peter Pan).
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 04:12pm
^From what I remember, Peter Pan was barely an hour and 45 minutes. And that wasn't really my point. My point was just that a lot of people may book tickets expecting the short and sweet approach the last tour took and be surprised that this one is an hour longer.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 04:21pm
The most recent tour of Peter Pan was two and a half hours. And that's true. You definitely get more than your basic Cinderella story with this production.
JohnyBroadway Profile Photo
JohnyBroadway
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 05:29pm
The last tour was 2hrs. Aren't most Disney shows 2.5 hours?
darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 05:37pm
Disney shows are 2.5 hours as a rule. The previous incarnations of Cinderella as a stage musical have clocked in at 55 minutes and at 90 minutes respectively, if I remember correctly. This rewrite brings the show in line with the "Disney model."
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 05:39pm
This should tour....I suspect it will do well on the road. Strategic announcement, but true plans.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 06:26pm
Are the effects tourable?
Haven't seen it yet.
bicoastalpanic0408 Profile Photo
bicoastalpanic0408
Swing
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 06:41pm
If they can tour Ghost with all of the effects I have a feeling they can tour Cinderella. I haven't seen it though but I've heard they can modify little things to make it tour.

I have a feeling if it does really well at the Tonys it may not tour next season...mainly because Newsies hasn't toured yet like it was said to do this season. But who knows! I am seeing Chinderella in a few weeks and I can't wait!!
 Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
Broadway Star
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 06:52pm
^^CurtainPullDowner, I heard that the effects are low tech at best so yeah it is tourable. (The effects are simple but STUNNING from what I read in the preview thread for Cinderella)
matineeidol2591 Profile Photo
matineeidol2591
Understudy
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 08:00pm
No reason that this show couldn't tour with only very minimal changes to special effects/staging. Nothing was particularly over the top.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/8/13 at 08:10pm
I did not expect this to be announces so soon, but if I enjoy seeing the Broadway production this month, then I can look forward to the tour not long after.
HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/9/13 at 01:17am
The effects are definitely tourable. They are simple and magical and practical. They wouldn't need to change much if anything.
Starship
Broadway Star
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/9/13 at 02:00am
Easy show to tour. Small cast and there's really no demanding visual elements. Good for them.
disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 5/9/13 at 08:41am
I'm not surprised. I was expecting a tour because most musicals get a tour, plus this is doing very well. I was expecting to get an announcement any day now.
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Cinderella National Tour
Posted: 4/28/14 at 12:20pm
It looks like the tour will be starting two months earlier than planned.

CINDERELLA National Tour to Launch 10/10 in Rhode Island; First Wave of Dates Announced!