Matt Stone and Trey Parker plan Scientology musical

broadway guy
Broadway Legend
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Lightening doesn't strike twice. Ask Mel Brooks.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Brian07663NJ
Broadway Legend
Does this mean Tom still has to audition?

Will there be trampoline/Cirque Du Soleil inspired couch jumping choreography?
Up next: Apr 01 Hedwig and the Angry Inch; Apr 05 Charo at RamsHead OnStage; Apr 07 Lady Gaga at Roseland Ballroom; Apr 13 Amaluna next to Citi Field; Apr 18 Disney Junior at MSG Theatre; May 06 Aladdin; May 13 Artpop Ball Lady Gaga at MSG; Jun 07 Varekai in Bridgeport, CT Jul 12 1:30pm Side Show; Jul 12 8:30pm Fantasia w/National Symphony Orchestra; Aug 16 The Visit: Williamstown Festival
broadway guy
Broadway Legend
"Lightening doesn't strike twice. Ask Mel Brooks"

And the Hangover cast.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
'Lightening doesn't strike twice. Ask Mel Brooks.'

LOL, you are bang on the money there.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** Rock City**
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
It never struck once. THE PRODUCERS musical was is and will always be overrated and painfully unfunny.

In my opinion, of course.
broadway guy
Broadway Legend
It won 12 out of 15 tony awards it was nominated for. It clearly struck.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Uh Huh. Thanks for sharing.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
As always, we all appreciate it.
Updated On: 4/29/13 at 03:35 PM
jnb9872
Broadway Legend
They should take their time. MOTOWN will run a few years and then they can park in the Lunt-Fontanne right after that ends. Marketing gold.
Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
What are you basing your prediction that MOTOWN will only last a few years on?
jnb9872
Broadway Legend
Sheer, optimistic hope that the Scientology musical can play next to the Scientology church, of course.
Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Ah. Well if only for THAT, I hope you're right. lol
broadway guy
Broadway Legend
I do what i can :)
Kad
Broadway Legend
Lightning strikes for Parker and Stone with regularity, so we'll see. I do wish they'd tackle a topic they haven't already eviscerated on South Park several times.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Like what? Is there anything they haven't tackled on SOUTH PARK?
Kad
Broadway Legend
No idea. But their Scientology episodes were particularly dramatic.
Pammylicious
Broadway Star
So who will be cast as L. Ron Hubbard and Tom?

Updated On: 4/29/13 at 03:43 PM
broadway guy
Broadway Legend
I think they need to choose between south park and making musicals. The south park episodes have greatly suffered this season. I don't think it's a great idea to take on another musical so early. Let Book of mormon die and then come back in 10-15 years with a raunchy musical.

Updated On: 4/29/13 at 03:44 PM
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
If like them to do "ABORTION! : THE MUSICAL"

Updated On: 4/29/13 at 03:44 PM
ABitOnTheSide
Understudy
"Lightening doesn't strike twice. Ask Mel Brooks."

Exactly, and I hope you're right. The Producers, if anything, has proven to be painful without comedians in the lead roles. And Young Frankenstein was a mess.

These libertarian @sshats are getting big heads because their overrated one-joke farce is a hot ticket. I hope they push millions into this show and it flops and they run away back to Colorado where they can continue to make fun of everyone who's not them.

Updated On: 4/29/13 at 03:45 PM
Pammylicious
Broadway Star
Strike when the fire is hot!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
We already have the glorious A Very Merry Unauthorized Children's Scientology Pageant.
Can anyone tell me how the line has been?
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
These libertarian @sshats are getting big heads because their overrated one-joke farce is a hot ticket. I hope they push millions into this show and it flops and they run away back to Colorado where they can continue to make fun of everyone who's not them.

yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
GilmoreGirlO2
Broadway Star
Agree with most on here that lightning doesn’t strike twice. If they want to write another musical I wish they would have thought up a new idea. This one will be compared to BOM even more than a second musical by them of different plot structure and, with how insane the hype got for BOM, it will be nearly impossible to live up to.

Updated On: 4/29/13 at 03:53 PM

Page: