Comscore

Wallflowers - web series with broadway cast

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
Leading Actor
new web series called "Wallflowers" starring Chad Kimball, Sarah Saltzberg, Gideon Glick and Charlie Williams! looks interesting.... has anyone heard anything about this?

www.facebook.com/wallflowerstv
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
I adore Gideon Glick, but Chad Kimball? Not so much. His presence would actually keep away from almost any project.

I have to admit: I don't get these web series things. I seldom give them a try anymore, because they just seem like HS ego-projects.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
Featured Actor
Interestingly enough, Gideon is in another web series, "It Could Be Worse," with Wesley Taylor.
http://www.broadway.com/buzz/167345/watch-wesley-taylor-gideon-glick-audra-mcdonald-more-in-the-new-web-series-it-could-be-worse/

That said, I'm not a really a fan of the different web series that are out there ("Billy Green", "The Battery's Down")... with the only exception of "Submission's Only".
BlaineT
Swing
Well, from what I can tell, the creator of this series isn't actually in it, nor is he (she?) an actor, so there's not really much of an "ego" thing going on with this one.
somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
Broadway Legend
Blaine, if you're going to shill for something, you should at least be upfront about it.

For what it's worth, I agree that SUBMISSIONS ONLY is absolutely terrific. I watched the first two episodes of IT COULD BE WORSE and found it almost uniformly unbearable. To me, it read like a shamelessly transparent attempt at ripping off the tone of GIRLS in a theatrical setting, but since the lead character (played by Wesley Taylor) is completely and utterly unlikable, it doesn't work at all. It just seemed like another vanity project to let Taylor be front and center, much like his BILLY GREEN project was.
Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 2/16/13 at 06:58 PM
bk
Broadway Legend
I know what MY favorite web series is and it's not mentioned here. Go know. :) However, before any wisenheimer pipes up with the shill crap let me just say I have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the web series I'm speaking of - well, okay, maybe a little to do with it. Okay, maybe a lot to do with it. Okay, maybe it's a Broadway World exclusive series just like Submissions Only is. Okay, maybe I have more than a lot to do with it, but I do hope nobody calls me a SHILL. Most of the web series I've seen, whether B'way-related or not, are not-so-hot. I'd like to hope people can tell the difference between a point and click show and one that actually strives for something :)
latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
Featured Actor
^You mean your Outside the Box web series? The parody lyrics are pretty funny, the guest performers are always pretty great, and the whole thing's very cute. And you're not trying to make a network TV project; you're actually creating content suited for the web, which is what I love most about it. It's a good show, don't worry about it.
bk
Broadway Legend
Outside the Box - yes, I think that's what it's called :) That was the idea, BTW - exactly as you call it - content suited specifically for the web.
BlaineT
Swing
Anyone see this yet? Moat of the cast is theater actors.
twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
Broadway Legend
Slightly OT, but nothing beats husbandstheseries.com It's pretty special.
With Irma you gotta do something!
BlaineT
Swing
Have you seen Eastsiders? It used to be on youtube, but LOGO.TV picked it up. I think it starts back up tomorrow. I haven't seen Husbands for a while. I like Submissions Only and am really liking Wallflowers. Those are both on YouTube. And both have a bunch of theatre actors.

Advertisement